What's new

Linux on usb disk

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gotcha

New Around Here
Hallo

I have a router from my internet provider that is in bridge mode
Behind it stands an Asus AC68U
This asus I An external USB HD connected with the target image storage for my IP Camera via FTP connection
This camera is connected via LAN connection with my asus
It is true that the program operating the camera line has to be if you want to record
I do not want to always be on my pc

I myself had invented to create a partition on my external HD with Linux on it and there to install a camera program ( Zoneminder ) and thus always to be online

Can that be done and how should I do that?

Hallo

I have a router from my internet provider that is in bridge mode
Behind it stands an Asus AC68U
This asus I An external USB HD connected with the target image storage for my IP Camera via FTP connection
This camera is connected via LAN connection with my asus
It is true that the program operating the camera line has to be if you want to record
I do not want to always be on my pc

I myself had invented to create a partition on my external HD with Linux on it and there to install a camera program ( Zoneminder ) and thus always to be online

Can that be done and how should I do that?

Try to lessen the amount questions you need answers to (try to answer the questions yourself). I say this because I am assuming that you are translating your text.

Ok, i keep it simple
I want my camera program for me ip camera that is installed on a external hd connnected to my ac68u so it can run 24/7
Can it be done by making a partition on hd with linux or other system?

Go to the Zoneminder WIKI and look for Zoneminder on a USB. It uses Ubuntu and I made it for folks like you! And you will need to run Zoneminder on another PC. An Asus router just does not have the resources to run Zoneminder.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello
I'v tried ubuntu but cant figure out how to start it up and get in the program, also tried windows 8 but same problem
I better get me a NAS or or I can change my usb drive into a NAS, is that possible ....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!