What's new

looking for a DAS enclosure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nalooti

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

sorry, there is no DAS section.

I'm looking for an enclosure for mITX MB format but big enough for at least 4 3.5" HDD, a DVD/Bray drive and one SSD.
Since I may use it also as an HTPC (attach it directly to my TV), I'd like big fans in order to lower the noise.
Having in addition enough room for a graphic card is sure a big plus.

My past experience was with a Chenbro which is a good box but it is too noisy and it can't take a regular ATX power supply.

thanks in advance for any suggestion
nalooti

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

I was already reading BitFenix reviews witch seems to be good for what I want. I have yet to read the other two ones.

One think I don't understand on BitFenix (but also true for other mITX cases):
Since these cases only support mITX MB, why they provide room for more than 4 HDDs when we know that most if not all mITX MBs only supports a max of 4 SATA ports ?

Did you have experience with one of these cases ?
Which one do you think offers the best performance in terms of heat and noise ?

I do not have personal experience with any of these cases, I just read way too many tech sites for my own good and happen to enjoy reading Case reviews.

Regarding the numberof SATA ports, I was able to find at least one ASUS mITX board that has 6 SATA ports, so there are higher end boards that can make use of more than 4 HDDs.