What's new

most stable release before 378.50?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunner84

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I moved from a merlin release that was fairly old to the new 378.50 and now 378.51 beta1 but since then I have had terrible problems with my wireless printer.
It just will not print properly, I get half the page printed and sometimes it just will not print and it my cannon printer was perfect before I installed the 378.50 firmwares.

I cant remember what release I had prior but it was at least 2-3 versions old so needed updating.

Im wondering if anyone could tell me what version is the most stable for most before 378.50?

As Im thinking of downgrading.

many thanks

thanks, I have just downgraded to this version, If memory recalls I used the 374.**. So I have never tried 376, so I will see how it goes!

I have done a full reset.

I just hope it can solve my printer issues.

Well I was still having problems with my printer so went back to 374.43 which was what I had originally.

So far it's better but only time will tell. If I get the problems again I might just upgrade to latest stable release and hard wire my printer.

... so went back to 374.43 which was what I had originally. ...

Did you notice the john9527's sticky fork for 374.43 which contains more current security fixes?

Hi

Yes I noticed that, do I install it exactly the same way as other firmwares?

I might also just hard wire my printer once I get a long enough cable as everything else has been fine with the newer merlin builds, perhaps it's just the printer itself, it's just weird it started playing up when I moved to 378.50.

Cheers

Yes, the install is same method for the fork version.
The link for all releases is on first post. Right click on the release you want and download zip file with all the files. Unzip and load the trx file as usual.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!