What's new

Need a good router.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jvamvakaris

Occasional Visitor
Hi my name is John and am from Greece. I have a small network and m experience a big problem. I have two homes connected with a ubiquiti antena.
In The first home is the router connected with a cable to the antena.
In the second home there is a cable outgoing from the second antena to a AP (tp link c8). To the AP is connected by wire a synology a smart tv and by wifi some phones two tablets and two computers. In the AP the DHL is disabled, so all the ip is from the router.
The problem is that I don't know what router or modem router should I use. The first modemrouter a ZTE from the provider heat up and close the lan but the wifi worked. The second a tplink (w8970) started the same final burden up. Now am using a ZTE from an other provider but I still have the same problems. For few days the network is on and some is down.
A friend suggested to keep the ZTE as modem in bridge mode and use a microtik for routing. I don't know a lot on networks.
Is there a good modem router to use? I don't won to De hostage of the provider.
Thank you in advance John Vamvakaris.
Pl. Sorry for my English.

A diagram may help others help you better. I think you are mixing up some terms?

you want a good router? Use the cisco edgerouter:rolleyes:

a diagram and some details would help like what sort of wireless bridge do you use? is it 5Ghz wireless AC? 2.4Ghz wireless N?
It would help if you showed a diagram of what you want to do. There arent many good modem router combos.

Last edited: