What's new

No Internet Traffic Data in System Status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

Why don't I see any data here? I had RT-AX3000 for testing and that showed data. This is RT-AC68U 386.11. Also the Internet Connection tab in Traffic Monitor realtime doesn't show anything, Wired & Wireless does. Already tried resetting router, starting from scratch without backup etc.
1691107456405.png

Last edited:
After upgrading the 68u did you run the required script or do a factory reset? Why is that flagged as a release?

After upgrading the 68u did you run the required script or do a factory reset? Why is that flagged as a release?
Which script? Yes did a factory rest. Removed the release prefix, by mistake. Also last 24 hours & daily show wrong data & monthly shows nothing.

Why don't I see any data here? I had RT-AX3000 for testing and that showed data. This is RT-AC68U 386.11. Also the Internet Connection tab in Traffic Monitor realtime doesn't show anything, Wired & Wireless does.
Because you have hardware acceleration enabled on the router (which is a good thing). That bypasses the kernel's normal network stack to achieve greater throughput, but you loose the ability to collect accurate network accounting information. If you disable hardware acceleration you will see the network traffic again.

Because you have hardware acceleration enabled on the router (which is a good thing). That bypasses the kernel's normal network stack to achieve greater throughput, but you loose the ability to collect accurate network accounting information. If you disable hardware acceleration you will see the network traffic again.
Do you mean this?
1691110558929.png
Disabled it, didn't make any difference to the real time traffic tab on network status or in traffic analyzer. Only affected my the speed which is now showing 140 Mbps, before I was getting 300+ on speedtest. Now I can't see anything in 24 hours, daily or monthly. I'm more interested in seeing traffic on home page as per my screen shot above.

You probably need to reboot the router to make sure the change to NAT acceleration takes effect. It will impact your speed though.

You probably need to reboot the router to make sure the change to NAT acceleration takes effect. It will impact your speed though.
I rebooted. Internet traffic on homepage shows nothing. Do you see anything on your router? Is your acceleration disabled?

I rebooted. Internet traffic on homepage shows nothing. Do you see anything on your router? Is your acceleration disabled?
I don't use my RT-AC68U any more. When I did and I had hardware acceleration enabled the Internet traffic on homepage only showed tiny amounts of data, but there was some data. If you're seeing zero data on that graph when downloading something then it sounds like a bug. When I disabled NAT acceleration that graph showed lots of data when I did a speed test.

Last edited:
Which script? Yes did a factory rest. Removed the release prefix, by mistake. Also last 24 hours & daily show wrong data & monthly shows nothing.

As long as you factory reset *after* upgrading to 386.11 you don't need to run the script.

My RT-AC1900P (same as 68U 1Ghz version) works fine with both traffic monitor and statistic. Running Merlin 386.11. Meters on main page are always going too. Hardware acceleration is enabled so I know they won't be 100% accurate but they seem pretty good (note that having statistic enabled does drop the abilities of the router from like 600M down to 400M in my case but my internet tops out at 350 so it is fine). Maybe you have some sort of ad blocker or some browser plugin that is interfering? Do the CPU meters move at all?

This has nothing to do with it.

The traffic meters are broken for some reason following factory reset.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 05-29-14 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - Network Map.png

Works fine here, factory reset via gui.
Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History.

Last edited:

There are different types of factory reset and some of the traffic stats (not the meters I don't think, but maybe) use JFFS. Holding the WPS button while powering on until the power light starts flashing does a hard factory reset and formats JFFS. If that isn't what you did, maybe try that.

You can also try doing it via the GUI, check off "initialize settings" and click to reset. Once it restarts, configure just enough to get in. Wait for the CPUs to stabilize, then go under system and check off "format jffs at next reboot", hit apply, reboot again. Wait for CPUs to stabilize again and then configure the rest of your stuff. Obviously check on the traffic meters each time and see if they start/stop working.

Ah, its just not working in bridge configuration, while it does with the 86u.

There are different types of factory reset and some of the traffic stats (not the meters I don't think, but maybe) use JFFS. Holding the WPS button while powering on until the power light starts flashing does a hard factory reset and formats JFFS. If that isn't what you did, maybe try that.

Has nothing to do with JFFS, the traffic stats are held in Memory unless configured otherwise.

Has nothing to do with JFFS, the traffic stats are held in Memory unless configured otherwise.
I am pretty sure part of the statistics is gradually offloaded to jffs to a .db storage format. I could be wrong. I remember having to delete it one time after a firmware update because it out grew my jffs making the whole partition read only until i manually deleted it.

Traffic stats are on JFFS. I rebooted a couple days ago and still have a full month of data. Now the ul/dl on the main page probably is not related to JFFS at all, but never know.

I don't use my RT-AC68U any more. When I did and I had hardware acceleration enabled the Internet traffic on homepage only showed tiny amounts of data, but there was some data. If you're seeing zero data on that graph when downloading something then it sounds like a bug. When I disabled NAT acceleration that graph showed lots of data when I did a speed test.

I think it has improved a lot over time. The gauges on the main page of mine are accurate, and have been for as long as I remember, and I have acceleration enabled. Honestly the traffic stats may be as well, there is plenty of data there, but I've just always assumed that acceleration probably misses some data. But perhaps that is why traffic stats slows down your throughput, it is now able to analyze all data.

Traffic stats are on JFFS. I rebooted a couple days ago and still have a full month of data. Now the ul/dl on the main page probably is not related to JFFS at all, but never know.
I could imagine you fighting just to keep the router from rebooting so you wouldnt lose your traffic stats. Or plugging the router into an uninterrupted power source.

I could imagine you fighting just to keep the router from rebooting so you wouldnt lose your traffic stats. Or plugging the router into an uninterrupted power source.

I really miss the days when I had a Cisco router and a server running a netflow collector/analyzer (plus SNMP usage stats every 10 seconds).

Honestly I hardly ever look at traffic stats nowadays, but my router and everything else important is on a true sine wave UPS anyway.

Yes CPU meters are fine. Will try reset through GUI again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!