What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi!
I've recently bought the RT-AC68U to be used with Huawei e398 usb modem. I've updated the firmware to 3.0.0.4.378_9313.
The problem I have is that WAN disconnects from time to time. I've never before had any problems with the modem itself. When it happens the modem indicates that it is connected but in the router config page it appears as disconnected. I have to reboot the router and everything works well for some time. Is there any solution to such issue? May installing Merlin's firmware help?
Thanks!

Hi!
I've recently bought the RT-AC68U to be used with Huawei e398 usb modem. I've updated the firmware to 3.0.0.4.378_9313.
The problem I have is that WAN disconnects from time to time. I've never before had any problems with the modem itself. When it happens the modem indicates that it is connected but in the router config page it appears as disconnected. I have to reboot the router and everything works well for some time. Is there any solution to such issue? May installing Merlin's firmware help?
Thanks!

I have the same problem with the e3372. DSL-AC68U has support this modem but ac68u does not.
Now I use a tomato that supports 4G modems.

I have tried to download this version 9313 to my rt-ac68P router about 6 times today, its says it the file is corrupt. I tried it from the website directly to my mac, and then also via the Router webpage method, and both are reporting this file will has an error in it.

I have tried to download this version 9313 to my rt-ac68P router about 6 times today, its says it the file is corrupt. I tried it from the website directly to my mac, and then also via the Router webpage method, and both are reporting this file will has an error in it.

I figured this out. I looked at the system log and I noted that there were several memory calls and out of memory condition. I check the overall memory status graph, it was using over half memory. So i rebooted the router and was able to successfully load the firmware on the next try.

Opening "Bandwidth Monitor" page breaks QoS functionality for me. Both "Traditional QoS" and "Bandwidth Limiter" modes (probably "Adaptive" as well but I haven't tested it properly) stop working as soon as I open the "Bandwidth Monitor" page (the first, default one under "Adaptive QoS" section). The rules resume to work properly only after I click "Apply" on the QoS rules definition page. Also, dropping the colored priority labels onto the client icons in "Bandwidth Monitor" doesn't seem to do anything other than changing the aforementioned colors.

I am constantly getting this in my system log with 9313. What is it? I'm running the 68P.

Nov 23 00:10:35 miniupnpd[648]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

I have a strange issue. I use RT-AC68U with Huawei E398 modem.
I can't access some websites (for example https://usosweb.ur.krakow.pl/kontroler.php?_action=logowaniecas/index ). Also I can't watch youtube videos - the page loads properly but the video doesn't load. I've tried official firmware, Merlin's 378.56_2 and latest Tomato and it happens for all the firmwares, but when I connect the modem directly to the pc everything is ok. Is there any setting that may be wrong in the router config? Now I am using Merlin firmware.

Your modem is a router! Otherwise your PC wouldn't work when connected directly to your "modem".
When using the 68U you have 2 routers in a row: this might cause errors.

1) Best is to set the 68U as Access Point (AP) and give it a try, or
2) Put the 68U in DMZ of your "modem" (set in your "modem" the IP-address of your 68U in Demiliterized Zone)

Good luck.

Your modem is a router! Otherwise your PC wouldn't work when connected directly to your "modem".
When using the 68U you have 2 routers in a row: this might cause errors.

1) Best is to set the 68U as Access Point (AP) and give it a try, or
2) Put the 68U in DMZ of your "modem" (set in your "modem" the IP-address of your 68U in Demiliterized Zone)

Good luck.

Thanks for your answer, but I don't think you are right. The Huawei E398 is USB 4G modem. So I still believe it is a modem not a router :)

In the change log it says blank page issue was fixed but I'm still having issue. Here's the video http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/col1rahtfT
Everything seemed to work o.k. until I've changed to Access Point mode of the router.
Also, randomly I get internet disconnects but wireless connection to the router stays connected . Only stable version that works for me is RT-AC68U_378.53_0

It is not uncommon for a modem provided to customers to present only the public IP Address to the local network. It may not (or may<G>) have no routing or DHCP abilities.

A PC can still connect directly, but it is then exposed to a public address and really should be followed by a router.

With a RT-AC68U I'm using firmware version: 3.0.0.4.378.9313

It's by far the best, most stable version I've tried.

Tried the newest version available atm: 3.0.0.4.380.1842

Has some major issues with our ability to connect dropping until restarting the modem, the connection was generally unstable much of the time, the only thing that was improved is that the Bandwidth Monitor was more accurate (didn't suddenly jump to impossible levels once in a while), but I also found that instead of being able to keep open the router pages as long as I want, I had to constantly refresh & login to the router every hour or less I think, which I found annoying.

I didn't try the firmware version between the one I'm using and the newest one (3.0.0.4.380.1031), but one comment I read somewhere on the internet made it sound like it might have similar issues to the newest one.

At this point, since I'm not having issues with this firmware (3.0.0.4.378.9313), I'm unlikely to ever upgrade the firmware. It just works so well and I'm not sure there's any point in bothering. The internet itself performs fantastically with this firmware, the only catch being that the router interface's "QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" is a little finicky at random times, but that doesn't change the quality of my internet connection in the slightest.

Btw, the way I gauged how good the internet quality is, was by playing certain particularly sensitive online games, that react poorly if the internet is not working well. Everybody who uses this network uses the wireless function, nobody is hooked up directly with a wire.

Last edited:
I'm running the 68P and .9313 seems to be the best firmware for it. Hope they don't mess up the 68 series like they did with the N66U.