What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9177

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No battery drain issue on either my wifes or my iPad Air 2.
We use the 5ghz band for these devices.

No battery drain issue on either my wifes or my iPad Air 2.
We use the 5ghz band for these devices.
Batt drain happens on Android devices so far, you shouldn't see batt drain on iOS.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Batt drain happens on Android devices so far, you shouldn't see batt drain on iOS.

I was addressing the previous post directly questioning if anyone else on iPad Air 2 had battery drian issues.

Anyways I am done with this version of firmware and rolling back to the previous firmware as it was stable. Rebooted both router and AP last night. Both devices came up with '5ghz not ready' Waited for 10min and the 5ghz band never came on... Rebooted again and 5ghz started working.
This has been the worst firmware I have ever acquired. Usually I have zero issues. Feels like a beta

It certainly seems situational. I've read several folks who are having significant problems with stabitliy and battery drains on specific devices. On the other hand, it has been rock solid for me, including on the 5ghz band with beamforming on.

I have a lot of clients, ranging from 7 iOS devices, to a roku, Vizio smart TV, brother printers, several PCs. What I dont have is the latest versions of the iPad. I'm still useing the iPad air. I do, however have iPhone 6.

Whatever is goign on, it seems to be situational.

The iPad Air 2 does have problems all of its very own. It disconnects and reconnects from 5ghz every 3 mins when sleeping, which cannot be good for battery life. If it settles on 2.4Ghz at any time it will stick and sleep properly, but otherwise....

The iPad Air 2 does have problems all of its very own. It disconnects and reconnects from 5ghz every 3 mins when sleeping, which cannot be good for battery life. If it settles on 2.4Ghz at any time it will stick and sleep properly, but otherwise....
That's right, I've been having the same issue with ipad air 2 since i updated to ios 9.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

I just finished downgrading the router, AP and bridges.
BTW resolved all the 5ghz issues.
Now there is another version available 3.0.0.4.378.9313

where is the link to this download? Is it a beta? I'm not seeing it on their prod page. It if crushes more bugs, I'm all in..

never mind. Found it. It started its own new string. It looks like it may fix a lot of the bugs people have been complainging about. I wonder if it does the multi-mimu thang ....

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!