What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9177

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zeus73

Occasional Visitor
http://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RTAC87U/HelpDesk_Download/
- Release Note -
Security Fixes
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis' contribution.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.
New Features
- RT-AC87U now supports Traffic analyzer.
- Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS --> QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client's upload/ download bandwidth
- Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
- Modified the network map client status. When chick the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- Web history and traffic analyzer can show device name.
- [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
- [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
- [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
- [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
- [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
- [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
- Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering --> Select USB device.
Modifications
- Updated the 5G chipset driver to stabilize 5GHz connection.
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.
- Adjusted Adaptive QoS UI and easier to set top priority for gaming, media streaming or web surfing.
- Changed warning page style.
- Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.
Fixes
- Fixed media server scanning issue.
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error

I'd be curious to know if 9117 has the updated SDK requested from QTN that was identified

Although the new 5GHz driver can improve 5G Disconnection issue, we found it will cause battery drain for Android devices.
Already forward this to QTN for new SDK.

in this post over in the 9110 thread, or if we can eagerly anticipate that that request will be implemented in a future firmware

I'd be curious to know if 9117 has the updated SDK requested from QTN that was identified

in this post over in the 9110 thread, or if we can eagerly anticipate that that request will be implemented in a future firmware
New 5Ghz SDK is probably not in this build.

Not yet. QTN is still handling this issue.

Yes, this new SDK is for improving 5G connection but hasn't solved battery drain issue.

I'd like to talk to you about this, wondering why... there's no good reason there - wearing my ex-802.* hat - feel free to contact me via PM

After my test, I found that after using 2WAN, open "firewall" - "boot DOS protection" causes the LAN port and WIFI can not work properly, turn off the "DOS protection" Everything is normal. Hoping to get repaired, thank you!

Last edited:
...ok...so, for this build, no more disconnections on 5Ghz and still Android battery draining. But what about Beamforming and MU-MIMO activation?

P.S. I enabled the Beamforming (both) for 5 Ghz and i have no problems so far but i'm not sure if it's indeed working or not...
Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

...ok...so, for this build, no more disconnections on 5Ghz and still Android battery draining. But what about Beamforming and MU-MIMO activation?

P.S. I enabled the Beamforming (both) for 5 Ghz and i have no problems so far but i'm not sure if it's indeed working or not...
Thank you in advance and have a nice day!
Beamforming seems to be working since 9110...

Did you enable Universal beamforming or other beamforming... ?

Not sure if I expected any change on this from 9110 but, for the record, the IPad Air 2 still consistently drops out of 5Ghz after about 1 min sleep and then continually re-joins and drops on 3 minute cycles until/if it swaps to 2.4Ghz where it will remain connected indefinitely.

If you refresh the wireless log you can see the Tx rate drop after about 30 secs from, say 350M, to "7M" or similar small value, then after another 30 secs or so the iPad disconnects from the radio.

None of my other iDevices seem to do the same, including the iPhone 6. Previous discussion suggests this may be an IOS 9 thing. Not tried 9.0.2 yet.

Edit: Still the same on 9.0.2

Last edited:
This beta has the same issue as the previous one: Log is getting flooded with this stuff, which has something to do with AiCLoud

Oct 1 20:02:29 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:02:29 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:03:14 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:03:15 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:04:00 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:04:00 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:04:45 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:04:46 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:05:30 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:05:30 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:06:15 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:06:16 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Oct 1 20:07:00 Mastiff: aae is not running,run aae now
Oct 1 20:07:02 Aaews: start to establish a terminal

FYI: This is not a beta build....
I know :) I just call it beta cause they haven't fixed that issue yet... I saw it's official...

traffic analyzer is still have bug:
first enter in ta and we see some traffic
tabug_3-png.4573

now i changing the date to the same date, and traffic is gone.... why ???
tabug_5-png.4575

Attachments

• tabug_3.png
    tabug_3.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,708
  • tabug_5.png
    tabug_5.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,385

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!