What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

this ver. 378.9313 And old version And 380 beta version
5ghz wifi ping loss

i hope ping loss 0% ... please... ping loss ping lossping lossping loss ping loss ping loss
ping loss ping loss ping loss ping loss ping loss
I have the same problem. 5Ghz drops packets when the system is working with more than one client with different numbers of antennae. For instance the 4x4 bridge and a 2x2 USB WiFi adapter connected at the same time cause packet loss. Using 80Mhz wide band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Logon screen is still broken, looks like low resolution

Is game boost coming to this router like the 88u?
maybe in the future, but in ap "Asus Router" this function is avaible for now
Game Bost will maximize the bandwith and provide best experience while you're playing online game through ASUS router.

ps. Game Solo Mode will make all client devices blocked except certain devices you choose.

i can turn it on and off, so maybe work ...

maybe in the future, but in ap "Asus Router" this function is avaible for now
I think he's talking about WTFast solution offered on AC88U which I heard this could be implemented in some future on the AC87U

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Same issue as the previous release. After 3 days of uptime the 5ghz throughput reduces by 87.5%. LAN and 2.4ghz are unaffected. Rebooting resolves the 5ghz for another 3 days. All 3 of my AC87 exhibit the same behavior.
I currently enabled the reboot scheduler but to be honest I think I am throwing in towel on Asus networking and buying the Nighthawk x8.

Same issue as the previous release. After 3 days of uptime the 5ghz throughput reduces by 87.5%. LAN and 2.4ghz are unaffected. .

Its a shame this issue hasn't been fixed after all these months.....

after a year !!!! But for some people its no problem.

btw. what is this
Code:
Nov 11 11:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 11:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 12:02:27 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 12:25:19 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 12:59:58 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 12:59:58 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 13:02:31 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 13:21:42 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 13:59:59 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 14:00:01 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 14:02:05 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 14:08:05 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 14:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 14:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 15:02:08 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 15:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 15:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 16:34:34 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 16:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 16:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Nov 11 17:00:06 Mastiff: start stun server checking
Nov 11 17:02:26 Mastiff: start stun server checking

Last edited:
Same issue as the previous release. After 3 days of uptime the 5ghz throughput reduces by 87.5%. LAN and 2.4ghz are unaffected. Rebooting resolves the 5ghz for another 3 days. All 3 of my AC87 exhibit the same behavior.
I currently enabled the reboot scheduler but to be honest I think I am throwing in towel on Asus networking and buying the Nighthawk x8.

I think your decision is going to come back to bite you in the long run. It is not Asus per se that is the issue, it is the Quantenna chipset inside that is.

If a simple reboot fixes the issue, isn't it fixed? :)
I schedule our RT AC3200 (main router) and RT AC87R (one of several access points, CAT5e connected) to reboot every morning.
Takes a minute, clears the cobwebs, and at 4:30 am, little inconvenience.
Maybe I'm missing something.
But I'm grateful there are so many ASUS refurbished RT AC87R selling a 1/2 the price of new that with a simple easily scheduled reboot deliver impressive Wifi.

I think your decision is going to come back to bite you in the long run. It is not Asus per se that is the issue, it is the Quantenna chipset inside that is.

Although I am still tempted on trying the AC3100 to see if I can get a steady 5ghz. My decision is not based on one Asus wireless product.
I have two AC68s that have issues as well when connected as bridges. XBOX One connected via LAN to AC68 Bridge to AC87 AP\Router drops connection when streaming. Connecting XB1 directly WLAN to AC87 eliminates the disconnects also using a AC87 Bridge to AC87 AP\Router has no disconnects but the ping is nearly doubled. 3 vs 5.

I schedule our RT AC3200 (main router) and RT AC87R (one of several access points, CAT5e connected) to reboot every morning.
Forcing the practice of rebooting is not resolving the issue. Only masking the issues. Not to mention it disrupts the WLAN devices connected such as IP cameras that well frankly I would prefer if they did not go offline if not needed.

Although I am still tempted on trying the AC3100 to see if I can get a steady 5ghz. My decision is not based on one Asus wireless product.
I have two AC68s that have issues as well when connected as bridges. XBOX One connected via LAN to AC68 Bridge to AC87 AP\Router drops connection when streaming. Connecting XB1 directly WLAN to AC87 eliminates the disconnects also using a AC87 Bridge to AC87 AP\Router has no disconnects but the ping is nearly doubled. 3 vs 5.

Forcing the practice of rebooting is not resolving the issue. Only masking the issues. Not to mention it disrupts the WLAN devices connected such as IP cameras that well frankly I would prefer if they did not go offline if not needed.

Still seems like the issue isn't Asus per se? (The RT-AC87U is still in the loop).

But I'm grateful there are so many ASUS refurbished RT AC87R selling a 1/2 the price of new that with a simple easily scheduled reboot deliver impressive Wifi.
You're kidding, right ?
Not everyone can afford to reboot the router. It does not repair, only a workaround .

i buy Asus router not quantenna router.

i buy Asus router not quantenna router.

Asus does not make chipsets, it uses what it can source. At this time, it is the only manufacturer that hasn't given up on the Quantenna based router it offers. Others have simply dropped them (and left their customers hanging).

So while you didn't buy a Quantenna router, it is what you have.

And moving to another manufacturer is an emotional reaction, not a logical decision.

And moving to another manufacturer is an emotional reaction, not a logical decision.

3 failed products out of 3 is a decision based on product history.

Also I believe more people have the reduced throughput but due to their internet connect speeds they to do not identify it.
For instance I used to have 50mbps down. So if the router a year ago dropped to 50bmps down I would have never noticed. Now my WLAN is an easy 400mbs down on my Asus G75VX so when it drops to 50 it makes a big difference. During my reduced WLAN throughput my LAN connections are still +900mbps down.

You are right. I have considered only running the two AC68 to see if it is simply the AC87 causing havoc.

3 failed products out of 3 is a decision based on product history.

Also I believe more people have the reduced throughput but due to their internet connect speeds they to do not identify it.
For instance I used to have 50mbps down. So if the router a year ago dropped to 50bmps down I would have never noticed. Now my WLAN is an easy 400mbs down on my Asus G75VX so when it drops to 50 it makes a big difference. During my reduced WLAN throughput my LAN connections are still +900mbps down.

No, you're just assuming it is 3 failing out of 3.

History shows that most people use the RT-AC68U's without incident.

No, you're just assuming it is 3 failing out of 3.

History shows that most people use the RT-AC68U's without incident.
I have 3 AC87.. All with same issue. 3 days throughput issue
2 AC68.. Bridge disconnect Issues.
Asus G75VX laptop.. Keyboard Issues.
I also have an Asus AC dongle but cannt comment on it as I have not used it. Trying the bridge 1st
Obviously I was becoming an Asus fan boy. I was even going to switch all my Gaming PC desktop builds to Asus as well.. not so much any more.

So needless to say I have quite a bit of failed Asus devices to draw a very sound conclusion on Asus

So factually... 3 out of 3 failed Asus products.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!