What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

From Asus today... Shame they are late to the driver party

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. I'm sorry for the late reply, I did inform them about your response and according to them, some of the systems won’t work with this method. According to our relevant department, the driver for Windows 10 will be released within 2 – 4 weeks.

Please allow us a time. Thank you so much and have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

From Asus today... Shame they are late to the driver party

Might want to bounce the blame to the chipset manufacturer, as those are typically the ones providing the actual driver.

Must be frustrating a bit - Apple's MacBook Pro (and iMac) that support 11ac use the same chipset - Broadcom BCM4360, and they have Win10 drivers for BootCamp - so the drivers themselves do exist...

Whether the Broadcom Drivers in MS's Win10 driver repo are aware of the Device ID, that's another story...

Must be frustrating a bit - Apple's MacBook Pro (and iMac) that support 11ac use the same chipset - Broadcom BCM4360, and they have Win10 drivers for BootCamp - so the drivers themselves do exist...

Whether the Broadcom Drivers in MS's Win10 driver repo are aware of the Device ID, that's another story...

I may have mis-spoke here - the Win10 support for BootCamp (and thusly the BCM4360) isn't general availability yet... I've got working solution, but something that I can't share due to licensing issues.

So best that I can suggest - keep beating on Asus Support - this is a premium card, and many folks went out of their way to purchase and install...

I may have mis-spoke here - the Win10 support for BootCamp (and thusly the BCM4360) isn't general availability yet... I've got working solution, but something that I can't share due to licensing issues.

So best that I can suggest - keep beating on Asus Support - this is a premium card, and many folks went out of their way to purchase and install...

Anyone tried using the driver from Broadcom's website? Might require forcing the device manager to load it, but it could work, as an alternative.

Anyone tried using the driver from Broadcom's website? Might require forcing the device manager to load it, but it could work, as an alternative.

Most folks would appreciate a linky to try... even if it goes kerblammo - better than getting drivers from hackme_win10.whoflungpoo.com

sfx

I just signed up to post this. I pointed Windows 10 to the CD that came with the AC68 NIC (update driver) and it found whatever it needed. I'm typing this on the Asus card, and my other USB NIC I used temporarily is disabled.

Hope this helps someone else.

It's probably the old windows driver, which works for many people. In my case, I am experiencing speed issue.

Most folks would appreciate a linky to try... even if it goes kerblammo - better than getting drivers from hackme_win10.whoflungpoo.com

No idea where that could be downloaded, I use an Intel 7260AC here.

I noticed Asus had pulled that pdf saying plug and play support.

This was due to me.

I called and complained about this. After much shouting about how ridiculous this was, the tech said he would escalate this issue to their HQ.

A bit later in the day I got a call back from ASUS saying that the issue of no driver had been escalated to their software team. When I asked for a estimated release date, they said a few weeks.

I was pretty upset that they didn't' even have a driver ready, considering how long the Windows 10 beta was out. I then demanded to speak to a manger, or have this issue escalated to a cooperate contact. The rep strait out ignored my requests, and just continued to apologize. At that point, I was too frustrated with the situation, so I said by goodbyes and hung up.

This is one of the reason I have avoided ASUS products, absolute terrible support.

I didn't think a network card would cause this much trouble, but apparently anything with ASUS' name on it will wind up giving you a headache at some point.

TLDR: I complained to ASUS, they realized they didn't have a Windows 10 ready driver, and had their software team start making one.

I'd waited to update my PC because of the experiences posted here and updated our other two PC's first. I had planned to wait until ASUS provided an updated driver, but curiosity got the best of me and I decided to throw caution to the wind and I updated my PC today, actually just a little while ago. My system is a Dell XPS-9100 with an ASUS PCE-AC68, which connects wirelessly to an ASUS RT-AC68U on the 5GHz band. On Windows 7 using the ASUS PCE-AC68 driver I had a solid 877 Mbps connection with the router and was realizing the maximum throughput purchased from my Internet provider (Suddenlink).

After I updated my PC to Windows 10 my wireless connection seemed solid, so I checked Windows 10 and it reported a stable 877 Mbps connection with the router. The router, using Merlin's 378_55 firmware, also showed that it had an 877 Mbps connection (receive) with the PCE-AC68 card. I went to Device Manager and it showed that Windows 10 was using the ASUS driver. I then ran a throughput test with my Internet provider and it showed that I was realizing the full download (50 Mbps) and full upload (5 Mbps) throughput.

So, it seems that for whatever reason, my PCE-AC68 and ASUS driver are performing normally. Just thought I'd share my experience.

I'd waited to update my PC because of the experiences posted here and updated our other two PC's first. I had planned to wait until ASUS provided an updated driver, but curiosity got the best of me and I decided to throw caution to the wind and I updated my PC today, actually just a little while ago. My system is a Dell XPS-9100 with an ASUS PCE-AC68, which connects wirelessly to an ASUS RT-AC68U on the 5GHz band. On Windows 7 using the ASUS PCE-AC68 driver I had a solid 877 Mbps connection with the router and was realizing the maximum throughput purchased from my Internet provider (Suddenlink).

After I updated my PC to Windows 10 my wireless connection seemed solid, so I checked Windows 10 and it reported a stable 877 Mbps connection with the router. The router, using Merlin's 378_55 firmware, also showed that it had an 877 Mbps connection (receive) with the PCE-AC68 card. I went to Device Manager and it showed that Windows 10 was using the ASUS driver. I then ran a throughput test with my Internet provider and it showed that I was realizing the full download (50 Mbps) and full upload (5 Mbps) throughput.

So, it seems that for whatever reason, my PCE-AC68 and ASUS driver are performing normally. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Curious. I have the same router and AC adapter as you do but my speed was abysmal. Calling tech support is no use. Asus tech support guys are rather incompetent.

Was your upgrade to Win10 a clean installation? I assume Win10 inherited the old Asus driver?

Last edited:
Curious. I have the same router and AC adapter as you do but my speed was abysmal. Calling tech support is no use. Asus tech support guys are rather incompetent.

Was your upgrade to Win10 a clean installation? I assume Win10 inherited the old Asus driver?
I have the same thing. The adapter works fine on my upgrade and clean install. I think you should disable the on board wifi in the BIOS. Make sure your Mobo driver is update.

I did the upgrade using the "Get Windows 10" app. I considered a clean install since I'd created an installation DVD from the ISO file I downloaded separately, but thought I'd give the normal upgrade route a chance so I wouldn't have to reload and setup everything. It appears that Windows 10 is using the same driver I was using with Windows 7.