What's new

port old router settings to new router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toejam

Occasional Visitor
I have an asus rt-ac68p that stopped connecting to my dsl modem, but, still works as an access point. I purchased an asus rt-ac3100 to function as my router. I'd like to get all the settings from the ac68p moved over to the ac3100. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you in advance for any constructive suggestions.

Reconfigure everything manually because porting may or may not work, and when you have problems the first thing people here will still tell you to reset to default anyways, it’s not worth the long term trouble.

I have an asus rt-ac68p that stopped connecting to my dsl modem, but, still works as an access point. I purchased an asus rt-ac3100 to function as my router. I'd like to get all the settings from the ac68p moved over to the ac3100.
If you are still on a 380.x firmware release, you can use John's NVRAM Save/Restore utility with the -m (Migration Mode) option to restore/move settings between routers.

For the latest 384.x firmware branch, you are at your own risk as John's utility is not yet (fully) compatible with it. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!