What's new

printer or router causing conflicts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dikkiedirk

Regular Contributor
My Epson WF 5620 causes network problem. Whenever it is on and either connected through WiFi or wired, my Pioneer bluray player can not connect to any network share. When the printer is off there is no problem. This behavior was introduced with the latest firmware upgrade GM26G1 29.D5.
Epson support pointed me to the router that it would allow many devices to be connected at the same time. The router is an Asus RT-AC87. It should be able to handle 20 devices I think.

Can it be a MAC or ip-address conflict?

Can anyone please advice me?

My Epson WF 5620 causes network problem. Whenever it is on and either connected through WiFi or wired, my Pioneer bluray player can not connect to any network share. When the printer is off there is no problem. This behavior was introduced with the latest firmware upgrade GM26G1 29.D5.
Epson support pointed me to the router that it would allow many devices to be connected at the same time. The router is an Asus RT-AC87. It should be able to handle 20 devices I think.

Can it be a MAC or ip-address conflict?

Can anyone please advice me?

Starting Point: To rule out an IP conflict, check both devices, to see how they are set up for obtaining an IP Address.

Starting Point: To rule out an IP conflict, check both devices, to see how they are set up for obtaining an IP Address.
Printer is at 192.168.10.113 through DHCP and bluray is at 192.168.10.130 manually assigned by router tried DHCP too with same results.

After your router fw upgrade, did you reset the router to factory default? If no, I would try that.. As you did indicate it started after fw update..

After your router fw upgrade, did you reset the router to factory default? If no, I would try that.. As you did indicate it started after fw update..

It started after an upgrade of the printers firmware. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Hard to know really, what that printer is doing, other than sniffing it out. Is there an option on the printer to rest to factory setting?

Will have to find that, but haven't seen it so far. Might try router factory reset first. Might fix something. Will try the printer later. Thanks so far.

Resetting the printer or router didn't help. Replacing the router with a brandnew ootb RT-AC88 did. But this is just for try-out, won't keep it, too expensive. Can I "fix" the RT-AC87 somehow? Perhaps going back to official Asus firmware instead of Merlin's and clearing the nvram. So it it is like brandnew from the shop?

If the router is ASUS than try resetting DHCP server and reconfiguring it. Make sure to also check your DHCP settings. Perhaps the printer is keeping the given IP as a static IP that DHCP doesnt know that the IP is being used?

If the router is ASUS than try resetting DHCP server and reconfiguring it. Make sure to also check your DHCP settings. Perhaps the printer is keeping the given IP as a static IP that DHCP doesnt know that the IP is being used?

Look through the printer documentation on the process for either a cold reset, or a release/renew procedure. In most likelihood what is happening is that the printer has not gotten a new lease and the stale lease that it has is actually causing your problems. The TCPIP stack on most printing devices is very limited and finicky at best. Your alternate issue is the change the address lease and make a dummy reservation on the DHCP pool which will also sidestep the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!