What's new

Recommandation of a suitable router for my home

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kangkin

New Around Here
Recommendation for a router in a FTTH network

Dear all,

I am having difficulties in choosing a suitable router for my home.
3 Days later, my home's broadband service will be upgrade to a Fibre-To-The-Home 1000Mbps line from a 100Mbps ethernet line.

Currently, I am using the very early version of apple airport extreme 802.11 draft N with only 100Mbps Wan & Lan Ports. Therefore, there is a need in purchase a suitable new router for the new service.

However, looking into the charts, i feel really confused which router should I purchase in order to fulfil my requirements. So i would like to ask for your opinions.

Cheers

Last edited:
Dear all,

I am having difficulties in choosing a suitable router for my home.
3 Days later, my home's broadband service will be upgrade to a Fibre-To-The-Home 1000Mbps line from a 100Mbps ethernet line.

Currently, I am using the very early version of apple airport extreme 802.11 draft N with only 100Mbps Wan & Lan Ports. Therefore, there is a need in purchase a suitable new router for the new service.

It's needed to clarify some questions first:
1. Are you going to utilize all 1Gbps Internet traffic or it is only available bandwith to your provider? How much wired devices and servers do you have?
2. Which types of services are you going to use? F.E. IP-telephony, single or multiple web-servers which should be accessible from Internet, teleworking and so on.
3. Do you need any internal Internet traffic control (parental control)?
4. Wireless - how much internal traffic do you need to utilize per device? How much wireless devices do you have?
5. Last and the most important question - how much budget do you plan to spend?

Hi Guys,

I bought WNDR3700 and this is the result =]

Thanks all!

screenshot20101010.png