What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a problem with Traffic Monitor, The global options say "no data in table" but the device options all work ok.

I have also noticed that under "Clients" on the main page the router doesn't always show all the devices that are online. Also when selecting under "Clients", "View List" sometimes only the IP address is displayed even when the name is on the "Clients" list.

I have a problem with Traffic Monitor, The global options say "no data in table" but the device options all work ok.

I have also noticed that under "Clients" on the main page the router doesn't always show all the devices that are online. Also when selecting under "Clients", "View List" sometimes only the IP address is displayed even when the name is on the "Clients" list.

I have now gone into the "Other Settings" tab and re-input all the settings and I now have no data under device or global!

Check on the Tools -> Sysinfo page that you aren't running out of nvram space.
NVRAM usage 49696 / 65536 bytes

more stats:
Router

Model
RT-N66U
Firmware Version 380.61
Firmware Build Fri Aug 5 01:18:03 UTC 2016 merlin@30c7946
Bootloader (CFE) 1.0.1.2
Driver version wl0: May 12 2016 14:15:11 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)
Features mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO ipv6 ipv6pt PARENTAL2 dnsfilter dualwan pptpd openvpnd printer modem wimax webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet snmp tor diskutility HTTPS ssh vpnc repeater psta wl6 optimize_xbox nfsd dnssec user_low_rssi sparse rog tcode usericon stainfo cloudcheck reboot_schedule
Uptime 0 days 10 hours 57 minute(s) 50 seconds
Temperatures 2.4 GHz: 57°C - 5 GHz: 60°C

CPU
CPU Model
Broadcom BCM5300 chip rev 1 pkg 0
CPU Frequency 600 MHz
CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Memory
Total
234.05 MB
Free 179.01 MB
Buffers 7.05 MB
Cache 19.74 MB
Swap usage 0.00 / 0.00 MB

Internal Storage
NVRAM usage
49696 / 65536 bytes
JFFS Unmounted

Network
HW acceleration
Enabled
Connections 459 / 300000 - 74 active

NVRAM usage 49696 / 65536 bytes

That's sufficient.

However:

JFFS Unmounted

Something is wrong with your JFFS partition. Go to System -> Administration, select the option to format the JFFS partition, then reboot. Check again.

HI!
How to limit the speed guest wifi? It's possible with a script to do it?
Thanks guys! :)
My Samsung TV UE40H6200AK link is broken 2.4 and 5 MHz DLNA working time is only 15-20 minutes and the gap (((((((

Asus 87U- Firmware:380.61

Last edited:
@RMerlin, can you change in code firmware if i activate IPTV over udpxy that it run on different VLAN ID (LAN4) as internet (WAN)? here is screenshot of LAN IPTV config:
SV5Faz.png

then i goes to tools and see there is the same VLAN ID for internet and IPTV....that is the reason why i got pppd internet disconnecting....
pSR39q.png

i need to have VLAN ID 1 for LAN4 port....then will my internet and IPTV working without disconneting....is possible to change something in your firmware? you can make one test firmware just for me....

can you change in code firmware if i activate IPTV over udpxy that it run on different VLAN ID (LAN4) as internet (WAN)

I don't touch the VLAN code, sorry.

is someone here who can change VLAN code for my use only?

I've confirmed that the guest network feature is no longer working. Symptoms are, it no longer will allow clients to log on, says it is incorrect password, even though it is correct. I attempted deleting and setting up a new instance with a slightly different name. No joy. I have an 88u running the newest merlin firmware.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Yes. I can connect OK with my Mac, but not with my Windows 10 computer - same symptoms as you describe. RT-AC3100.

That's sufficient.
However:
Something is wrong with your JFFS partition. Go to System -> Administration, select the option to format the JFFS partition, then reboot. Check again.

Thanks for your fast response. JFFS partition format has solved the problem. :cool:

I have been using Merlin fw cca 2-3 years and as far as i can remember this was the first "problem" which i have faced with. Keep up the good work! I'll will make some donation again.

Another problem........my 5g wifi keeps going off. I get messages regarding type 1, type 2 and type 6 radar detection

Aug 9 21:12:52 kernel: SKIPPED false Type 6 Radar Detection. min_pw=226 pw_delta=0 pri=22653 fm_min=0 fm_max=0 nconsecq_pulses=1. Time from last detection = 4709, = 78min 29sec. Detected pulse index: -7
Aug 9 21:13:39 kernel: Type 2 Radar Detection. Detected pulse index=3 fm_min=0 fm_max=0 nconsecq_pulses=3. Time from last detection = 47, = 0min 47sec

Another problem........my 5g wifi keeps going off. I get messages regarding type 1, type 2 and type 6 radar detection

Aug 9 21:12:52 kernel: SKIPPED false Type 6 Radar Detection. min_pw=226 pw_delta=0 pri=22653 fm_min=0 fm_max=0 nconsecq_pulses=1. Time from last detection = 4709, = 78min 29sec. Detected pulse index: -7
Aug 9 21:13:39 kernel: Type 2 Radar Detection. Detected pulse index=3 fm_min=0 fm_max=0 nconsecq_pulses=3. Time from last detection = 47, = 0min 47sec
Don't use the DFS channels......set a fixed channel 36-48 or above 140....

Do you mean the auto setting shouldn't be used for DFS channels?
It's been a while since I looked at that part of the code. There used to be a checkbox if using Auto channels, something like 'Include DFS channels' (uncheck that box)....
or don't use auto and just specify the channel directly in the ranges I mentioned.

It's been a while since I looked at that part of the code. There used to be a checkbox if using Auto channels, something like 'Include DFS channels' (uncheck that box)....
or don't use auto and just specify the channel directly in the ranges I mentioned.
Thank you, i have left the setting on auto but unchecked the "include DFS channels" box. Will see how it goes. The channel was 104 but now has changed to 40.

87u, everything seems ok, but I keep seeing this in my syslog
19:53:44 rstats[468]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/Asus/tomato_rstats_08626690a120.gz. Still trying

Yeah I see something similar:

Aug 9 17:40:44 rstats[456]: Problem loading /mnt/LOGS/tomato_rstats_3497f6969830.gz. Still trying...

That drive is a USB drive enabled to save traffic history.

Ok and I see now the router was having an issue finding the drive...

Reformatted the drive, now all is well.

Last edited:
I updated my router to this FW after updated to the lastest oficial FW from asus and 2.4ghz wifi still not working. And when it does, i cant download anything or have more than 2 devices connected that it stops the connection. Any advice? I already did every kind of reboot and reset possible, and everything elss

hello all! i have asking this for many times but couldnt find the solution for this specific problem about the 5g band! i have tried all the firmwares that came out and nothing works. The 5g band will work normal after i freshly upgrade to new firmware or reboot but only one day for upgrade and couple hours for reboot and then it will slow down or very unstable! i have played around with all the channels, disable beamforming, change the interval... v..v but nothing works. thanks!

PS: i have ac87u and i factory reset every time i upgrade. and this is my second one after returned the first one!

I updated my router to this FW after updated to the lastest oficial FW from asus and 2.4ghz wifi still not working. And when it does, i cant download anything or have more than 2 devices connected that it stops the connection. Any advice? I already did every kind of reboot and reset possible, and everything elss
most likely hw problem.
interference from other 2.4 devices, very likely. once i had a customer that their new linksys router was not working on 2.4ghz, cause was their baby room wireless video monitor was streaming on the 2.4 freq.
even flouresent tubes , bad power supplies and/or outlets can cause problems or other appliances(microwaves, washing machines etc) on the same line as the outlet
did you try other devices or always the same ones, maybe one of the devices could be causing the router problems.
which router, when was last time 2.4 was working as you could reflash that fw

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online