What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've experienced the same problem (also reproducible) since version .50 (got up to .59 and went back to Jon's .43 LTS)
If I turn iptraffic without first disabling NAT acceleration (as pointed out by BillyBobX) the router will crash on restart.
Before that version, it would automatically disable NAT acceleration once you activated iptraffic, so something might be wrong in the detection mechanism.

Again, working fine for me. I enabled IPTraffic on an RT-AC87U. It rebooted, and once booted the Tools -> Sysinfo page reports that CTF is noew disabled because it's incompatible with IPTraffic. I also reviewed the code that handles the automatic disabling of CTF, and that code is quite straightforward in what it does and how it does it. It's just one single call to check if cstats_enable is set to "1".

How can I install coming from Shibby Tomato on a RT-AC68U (converted T-Mobile router)? I first tried from the GUI and then got a 'bad trx' error message. I checked the hash of the file and it is correct. So then I tried with the Asus recovery tool. It loaded the firmware but then it said it failed recovery. Right now Tomato is still on the router.

How can I install coming from Shibby Tomato on a RT-AC68U (converted T-Mobile router)? I first tried from the GUI and then got a 'bad trx' error message. I checked the hash of the file and it is correct. So then I tried with the Asus recovery tool. It loaded the firmware but then it said it failed recovery. Right now Tomato is still on the router.
I was unable to upload Merlin FW with the web GUI and recovery tool with the first Asus router I purchased. I can't recall the error messages though. I ended up using the tftp command to move the trx file and it worked. There is a wiki on the dd-wrt site on how to do this.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_TFTP_Flash

I did not do the clear-nvram and the recover trx files though. But since your router is supplied by ISP and has Tomato installed, it may be required. If you have a Win 10 OS, you will need to enable tftp. A google search will show you how. Other option to clear nvram is in the FAQ below

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information. In this case, version 380.59 will be for me the final version of the software. Can anyone tell whether version 380.61 or 380.62 played a similar problem what version 380.63 _2 hidden network 5GHz?

RT-AC68U

Welcome To Merlin. In the latest software ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266 problem that I described. TV Samsung sees a hidden network on 5 GHz. by contrast, in the software Merlin 380.65 Samsung TV cannot see hidden network in the 5 GHz band

Wifi performance is what it is, it's entirely under Asus's control.

Welcome To Merlin. In the latest software ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266 problem that I described. TV Samsung sees a hidden network on 5 GHz. by contrast, in the software Merlin 380.65 Samsung TV cannot see hidden network in the 5 GHz band

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!