What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

from the readme: * RT-AC66U (HW revision A1/A2 only)
how can I check the router version?
My AC66U is running 380.61 at the moment.
Update without factory reset should be possible, right?

If you already have my firmware, then your router is compatible.

I have also trouble with hidden network. My daughters Iphone looses connection everyday after updating to 380.63. On 380.62 it works fine.
Router AC-5300 and iPhone 5S

I'm not using WiFi from my router but from an Apple Time Capsule and also had the same issue when I moved to iOS 10 beta. I reverted back to iOS 9 and problem disappeared. Since then, I got a new iPhone and had the same issue, but only once. So I think it may be related to iOS, not to the router.

Is your daughter's iPhone on the latest iOS version? Have you tried to "Forget this network" and re-join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not using WiFi from my router but from an Apple Time Capsule and also had the same issue when I moved to iOS 10 beta. I reverted back to iOS 9 and problem disappeared. Since then, I got a new iPhone and had the same issue, but only once. So I think it may be related to iOS, not to the router.

Is your daughter's iPhone on the latest iOS version? Have you tried to "Forget this network" and re-join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried everything. My sons iPhone 6S works fine. Both on IOS-10. My daughters phone has worked on all releases prior to 63 and 63-2

I do not want. There are other errors, and I do not have much time to choose which one is better.
I'm not asking you to choose between firmwares. I'm giving you an idea how to help Merlin in troubleshooting process (if you want to bring this bug to his attention).
So, if official firmware could send an email out without reboot then this bug more likely comes from asuswrt-merlin firmware. If not, then it could be in TrendMicro closed binaries. So you might have better luck in AsusWRT official thread.

Here is another idea to try (of cause if you have time). Try use different SMTP server (not google one) and preferably without SSL/TLS, Would this fix the reboot?

I'm not asking you to choose between firmwares. I'm giving you an idea how to help Merlin in troubleshooting process (if you want to bring this bug to his attention).
So, if official firmware could send an email out without reboot then this bug more likely comes from asuswrt-merlin firmware. If not, then it could be in TrendMicro closed binaries. So you might have better luck in AsusWRT official thread.

Here is another idea to try (of cause if you have time). Try use different SMTP server (not google one) and preferably without SSL/TLS, Would this fix the reboot?

AOL when trying to create an account of the second day of an error, and the other service providers in the Chinese language, which I do not know. Where do you see here configure SSL / TLS?

Attachments

• mail.JPG
    mail.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 410
I have statistics for daily,weekly by device and monthly. and they seem to be right as far as other months go.
but did not do a factory reset when I flashed.

Okay, so I'll wait till December, 1st and see if something changes there

AOL when trying to create an account of the second day of an error, and the other service providers in the Chinese language, which I do not know. Where do you see here configure SSL / TLS?

Yeah, you are right those 4 email providers just got hardcoded... and every one but 163.com uses TLS. smtp.163.com uses SMTP on 25 port but it's Chinese... Well, back to the first suggestion. You can save your current asuswrt-merlin config (so later you can restore it easier) and try official firmware.

EDIT: on the other hand you can telnet/ssh to your router. then try to edit etc/email/email.conf file. Here you will find place to change port, TLS, smtp address etc. So, try something simple on port 25. Idea is to exclude TLS from the loop.

Last edited:
Hello Merlin, Hello Folks,

I use Asuswrt-Merlin and I have installed Transmission via ENTWARE on my RT-AC87U. Now, when I'm going to update to the latest version will I loose the program installed to the ASUS?

Sorry for that maybe dumb question, but I upgraded another 68U today and had to manually reboot (powercycle) after the upgrade countdown was finished. Does someone know what causes the upgrade procedure to fail the automatic reboot? Because the last upgrades worked without manually rebooting.

Thank you,
Chris

just updated from 380.63 to 380.63_2 and having ddns issues with my security cameras? ports are still forwarded

i updated and rebooted. Do i need to do a clean install from from a recent version?

Sanna1967 has the order right; flash, then reset to factory defaults (if needed).

But, I would say, be prepared to do a full reset to factory defaults before you go on a wild goose chase with phantom bugs and glitches that a full reset usually resolves much more elegantly and usually, in a much smaller time frame too.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

The first three links show how to get a router and network into a good/known state (so real troubleshooting, if needed, can be done).

The last link is a great utility with many options that also has the ability to save your settings in a human readable (and copy/paste -able) format so that even if it's advanced options don't work every time (i.e. some rare cases), you can still be up and running much quicker than any other method.
Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Hello Merlin, Hello Folks,

I use Asuswrt-Merlin and I have installed Transmission via ENTWARE on my RT-AC87U. Now, when I'm going to update to the latest version will I loose the program installed to the ASUS?

No.

Sorry for that maybe dumb question, but I upgraded another 68U today and had to manually reboot (powercycle) after the upgrade countdown was finished. Does someone know what causes the upgrade procedure to fail the automatic reboot? Because the last upgrades worked without manually rebooting.

It's common. The upgrade overwrites the existing firmware, so sometimes, the reboot fails because the process tries to access system files that are no longer available, as they have been overwritten by the upgrade procedure.

just updated from 380.63 to 380.63_2 and having ddns issues with my security cameras? ports are still forwarded

i updated and rebooted. Do i need to do a clean install from from a recent version?

Have you rebooted your CCTV system?

Regards

yes i tried that first no luck reverted back to 380.63 and works fine. It also happened with my nest thermostat wouldnt connect remotely

OK, then you might have to do a factory reset with 380.63_2 and try over again, but take a backup of the router settings just in case you do need to revert back to 380.63.

Regards

So after doing some investigation regarding WAN drops that I have been getting multiple times a day. I have since disabled Traffic Analysis on the firmware and alas my WAN drops seem to be cured as I am 72 hours in with no issues and it was a huge problem before. I have commented in another thread about this but I am curious, why would traffic analysis cause this ? Is this a bug in the Merlin firmware that can be fixed ?

I bought this query here as it seems appropriate. Would be great if Merlin could chime in on this one.

P.S I am using an AC88U.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!