What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doesn't this kinda mean that ipv6 lease time is 600 sec (ie. 10 min)? Should it not be default of 86400 sec?

RA lifetime is hardcoded to 600 secs in the firmware. Not sure if this is a good idea or not (not versed enough into IPv6 to have an opinion).

A quick Google search seems to indicate that such a value is fairly common however. Some document mention this value shouldn't be any higher than 9000 as well.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for 380.66. Nice paint on the website also ;)
Feature Request regarding the following fix in 380.66: FIXED: New outbound connections weren't logged if firewall logging was enabled.
Request: option to exclude logging of new outbound connections if firewall logging is enabled.

After a little research:

1) List the iptables rules of the FORWARD chain, with line numbers:
iptables -vL FORWARD --line-numbers

2) Take a look at the last rule, it should read:
"logaccept all -- br0 any anywhere anywhere"
Take a note of the rule number: #

3) In versions prior to 380.66 this rule was:
"ACCEPT all -- br0 any anywhere anywhere"

4) To change logaccept back to ACCEPT:
iptables -R FORWARD # -i br0 -j ACCEPT

RA lifetime is hardcoded to 600 secs in the firmware. Not sure if this is a good idea or not (not versed enough into IPv6 to have an opinion).

A quick Google search seems to indicate that such a value is fairly common however. Some document mention this value shouldn't be any higher than 9000 as well.
I will monitor the situation then. The 600 sec (10 min) timer should not be a reason for Linux to bring down the interface anyway, so cant tell why this happened... But the timer was dead on to when this was occurring.

It did not appear to influence the Windows machines in the network, so some weird option must have been called i guess. Manually restarting dnsmasq (service restart_dnsmasq) seemed to stop the issue for now, but it was late last night and had not the time to test any more. I will do a reboot of the router again to see if the problem comes back after that, or if it was just a random fluke.

Good evening, as a long time Merlin user I recently updated to 380.66_4 on my ac68u however I've noticed the following message in the system log every day:

Jun 8 17:45:40 miniupnpd[844]: remove port mapping 16877 TCP because it has expired
Jun 8 17:45:40 miniupnpd[844]: remove port mapping 16877 UDP because it has expired

This message appears every 24 hours and as I have no ports mapped or anything that I am aware of that uses upnp on this port. There is no mention in the log of this port mapping being created so is this something I should be worried about from a security perspective?

Many thanks for this wonderful firmware and in advance for any advice offered.

Good evening, as a long time Merlin user I recently updated to 380.66_4 on my ac68u however I've noticed the following message in the system log every day:

Jun 8 17:45:40 miniupnpd[844]: remove port mapping 16877 TCP because it has expired
Jun 8 17:45:40 miniupnpd[844]: remove port mapping 16877 UDP because it has expired

This message appears every 24 hours and as I have no ports mapped or anything that I am aware of that uses upnp on this port. There is no mention in the log of this port mapping being created so is this something I should be worried about from a security perspective?

Something is creating this forward using UPNP on your LAN. Check the System Log -> Forward page at regular intervals (every few hours) to determine to which IP, then check on that device what it runs that might use UPNP.

360.66_4 I was just checking my router and noticed that my 5ghz radio was off even though it is enabled in the gui. I power cycled the router leaving disconnected for a 30 seconds or so before repowering it up and when it finished 5ghz was back.

Edit: once again tonight my router slows to a crawl.

Last edited:
360.66_4 I was just checking my router and noticed that my 5ghz radio was off even though it is enabled in the gui. I power cycled the router leaving disconnected for a 30 seconds or so before repowering it up and when it finished 5ghz was back.

Look man. Your router is fu--Ed up or your just never satisfied. Use the stock firmware it works great. Do a factory reset and leave it alone I have never seen anyone keep changing firmware over and over like yourself. Merlin has already stopped replying to your posts because it's like a broken record. Perhaps a Netgear router may be better for you. Just saying !!!

Look man. Your router is fu--Ed up or your just never satisfied. Use the stock firmware it works great. Do a factory reset and leave it alone I have never seen anyone keep changing firmware over and over like yourself. Merlin has already stopped replying to your posts because it's like a broken record. Perhaps a Netgear router may be better for you. Just saying !!!

QFT. I fully expect to see a post along the lines of "...loaded 380.66_4 and an hour later it started raining outside! Rolled back to 380.66_2, tried it for 3 minutes, and my my doorbell rang! Tried 380.67, didn't reset or anything, and around dinner time I felt hungry! This stuff is unstable!"

Scientific method is dead.

have you tried getting a replacemnt unit, yours could ahve a defective chip possibly.

Does anybody have a problem printing through the router? I connect my printer to the USB port in the router. For some reason, the printing will not work after some time. A router reboot will resolve it, but after a day or two, it will not print again. To be specific, I'm using the Line Printer Remote (LPR) function.

I've installed both 380.66_4 and 380.66_2, did factory resets on both versions and the printer problem still existed. I then tried Asus's stock firmware 3.0.0.4.380.7378 and experienced the same problem.

I've downgraded to 380.65_4 and it works so far. My guess is that Asus's GPL 380_7378 has this printer issue.

Edit: I'm using a RT-AC68U.

Last edited:
have you tried getting a replacemnt unit, yours could ahve a defective chip possibly.
I have returned to the stock firmware and I might have to rma if the behavior continues, however, I am entertained by the fanboys.

Last edited:

I kinda felt like him when things went off the rails for me with 380.66 and 380.66_2. Although, when I reverted back down to 380.65_4 and then up to 380.66_4, it has been mostly sunshine since. For a week or two it was like I was losing my mind.

The one thing bugging me now is something that isn't possible to get around and has nothing to do with recent firmware revisions.

I kinda felt like him when things went off the rails for me with 380.66 and 380.66_2. Although, when I reverted back down to 380.65_4 and then up to 380.66_4, it has been mostly sunshine since. For a week or two it was like I was losing my mind.

The one thing bugging me now is something that isn't possible to get around and has nothing to do with recent firmware revisions.
The stock firmware was able to obtain an IPv6 address right away which is all I really wanted in the beginning as I don't really use the advanced feature sets that Merlin adds. I ran acrylic and my 2.4ghz radio signal is flat keeping at the max output so as long as I can keep my radios on and retain an IPv6 address I'm happy.

Something is creating this forward using UPNP on your LAN. Check the System Log -> Forward page at regular intervals (every few hours) to determine to which IP, then check on that device what it runs that might use UPNP.

Thank you very much for your helpful reply, it has helped me narrow it down a little. What I've noticed, however, is that this was caused by a device that was on my network many months ago and this port forward is the UPNP port for Skype on that device. When I go in to the port forwarding part of the system log I can see other UPNP forwards, but they all have a 'time left' countdown, but the port forward that occurs every 24 hours in the sytem log says n/a. Is it possible to clear all of these old ones that seem to have got stuck without a complete factory reset?

Proto Port Redirect to Local Port Time left Description
UDP 16877 192.168.1.210 16877 N/A Skype UDP at 192.168.1.210:16877 (3812)

Thank you very much for your helpful reply, it has helped me narrow it down a little. What I've noticed, however, is that this was caused by a device that was on my network many months ago and this port forward is the UPNP port for Skype on that device. When I go in to the port forwarding part of the system log I can see other UPNP forwards, but they all have a 'time left' countdown, but the port forward that occurs every 24 hours in the sytem log says n/a. Is it possible to clear all of these old ones that seem to have got stuck without a complete factory reset?

Proto Port Redirect to Local Port Time left Description
UDP 16877 192.168.1.210 16877 N/A Skype UDP at 192.168.1.210:16877 (3812)

If they keep reappearing then it means something is probably refreshing them. You could always try rebooting your router just in case for some reason miniupnpd is constantly reapplying it.

Hi,
I updated to 380.66_4 from 380.66_2. I'm not an expert but I noticed a couple of "quirks".
1. In USB Application page the link to Download Master is not working (there's no link!)
2. I set Authentication Method for the Web Interface to HTTPS and also changed the HTTPS Lan Port. It does work but I'm still able to access download master at this link, which doesn't use https, and I think it's sending the login credentials in clear.

Many thanks for your work and support

Hi,
I updated to 380.66_4 from 380.66_2. I'm not an expert but I noticed a couple of "quirks".
1. In USB Application page the link to Download Master is not working (there's no link!)
2. I set Authentication Method for the Web Interface to HTTPS and also changed the HTTPS Lan Port. It does work but I'm still able to access download master at this link, which doesn't use https, and I think it's sending the login credentials in clear.

Many thanks for your work and support

1 - What model? Last time I tested Download Master, it was working correctly for me.

2 - Enabling https for the main webui has no effect on Download Master, which is a separate program, with its own separate web server, so this is normal.

1 - What model? Last time I tested Download Master, it was working correctly for me.

RT-AC87U, sorry for scarsce information. It's just the link in the Web UI (under USB Application) that is not working (not clickable/no link).. if I manually type the address in the browser no problems at all. I haven't tried resetting the router though.

2 - Enabling https for the main webui has no effect on Download Master, which is a separate program, with its own separate web server, so this is normal.

Thanks for explanation, but I still think is a bit odd.

I have returned to the stock firmware and I might have to rma if the behavior continues, however, I am entertained by the fanboys.

Not sure why all the hostility towards your posts... but IMHO, if one has a problem, these are the forums to report it and see if some kind of solution can be found. It is very much possible you indeed have a defective unit, but not you, nor anybody else will ever know if we don't try to help with the issue and at least try to narrow down to what could be causing it. I believe it is a good thing to revert back to the default firmware and see what happens after. If you're still having trouble of the same nature, then of course there is a huge possibility of your unit malfunctioning. But again, I don't see any reason for people being annoyed with someone's problem. We all have them, and we all come here for advice or possible solution. No one should ever forget, these are the forums exactly for that.

Not sure why all the hostility towards your posts... but IMHO, if one has a problem, these are the forums to report it and see if some kind of solution can be found. It is very much possible you indeed have a defective unit, but not you, nor anybody else will ever know if we don't try to help with the issue and at least try to narrow down to what could be causing it. I believe it is a good thing to revert back to the default firmware and see what happens after. If you're still having trouble of the same nature, then of course there is a huge possibility of your unit malfunctioning. But again, I don't see any reason for people being annoyed with someone's problem. We all have them, and we all come here for advice or possible solution. No one should ever forget, these are the forums exactly for that.
I noticed that the sharpening attacks seemed to imply that I was in some way berating Merlin which I never did as I appreciate his work. I posted my issues in hopes of determining causation and arriving at a solution. I wasn't the only person to experience issues with the 5ghz radio dropping out, a first for me on the 67 alpha2 as was the core 1 maxing out at 100%. The stock 7627 firmware is working fine for me and that's all I care about right now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!