What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rename your script to nvramclean.sh and try again.

Hi,

Thanks once again to @RMerlin for an excellent firmware upgrade.

I have an RTAC86U and have succesfully upgraded to 384.10 but noted your comments about the cert keys so though i would try to clear out using your script. I have never used scriots before so i am in unknown terrortory bit thought i would give it a go.

However, although i have read up on the wiki and other forum posts i am still struggling !

This is what i have done:-
Copy and pasted the script into Notepad ++ and called it nvramclean
Enabled JFFS custom scripts + configs in router
Enabled SSH on LAN in router.
applied and rebooted router
transferred nvramclean into jffs/scripts using winscp
used terminal to chmod a+r x jffs/scripts/nvramclean
rebooted router
used winscp - terminal to run the script ( i am unsure whether i really know how to do this !) but what i have tried fails !!

I have attached screenshots so hopefully someone can tell me where i am going wrong.

Unlike Windows, you usually need to prefix the name of the script (unless you have created an alias etc.)
e.g. If you are in the directory where the script is:
Code:
./nvramclean
or explicitly call the script from anywhere:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/nvramclean

MovistarTV is working partially on a RT-AC87
I can see tv channels but deco is unable to load the app so I cannot access to VOD contents. It claims "connection problems".
I've tried with two different decos.

Reverting to 384.9 everything works.

Testing:
384.9: Stopping quagga makes Movistar app to fail. Restarting it makes everything to work.
384.10: I cannot see any difference. It does not work wether running or stopped. Restarting quagga service on boot (with init-script) makes no difference

Edit.
In 386.10, routing table have many missing entries all of them related to the gateway configured in the IPTV tab.
I cannot test right now if adding them will fix the issue. I can try it tomorrow

Last edited:
I am not sure whats going on with my Asus RT-AC3200, it all started with updating from 384.9 to 10.
Router now is not detecting all of my clients, like my 2 Netgear switches which are using fix ip address.

Tried going back to 384.9 but issue remained the same.
Scanning for clients is slow and sometime resets and start scanning again.

I've tried rebooting and resetting but nothing seems to help.

The only way I could somewhat recover my clients, was to load a older config file. Sadly I had not made a recent file update.

I am beginning to think it's a hardware failure.

Is there a setting or something I am not seeing to fix this?

Thanks

Ok, After seeing cierzo's post I decided to rollback to 384.6 and low and behold all clients are again detected.

Seems that something has changed from this release to the 384.9 and 10 release which effects client detection for the worst.

Please advise.

Thanks

When is it ideal to do the following and is something I need to do?

- Format JFFS partition at next boot: Yes.

Ok, After seeing cierzo's post I decided to rollback to 384.6 and low and behold all clients are again detected.

Seems that something has changed from this release to the 384.9 and 10 release which effects client detection for the worst.

Please advise.

Thanks

This was part of the 384.9 release notes ;

There is a number of known issues in this release that cannot be fixed at this time:

• dcd process crashing on RT-AC86U (bug in Trend Micro's code, outside of my control).
  • IPv6s on Tracked Connections have their last two bytes set to 00 (bug in Trend Micro's code truncating the last two bytes).
  • No IPS events logged (bug in Asus's code, IPS should work, just fails to log hits)
  • Networkmap listing may be unreliable. (Bug in Asus's code)
  • Users failing to read changelogs will probably complain about the above issues. (Outside of my control).

There are a few bugs introduced by ASUS that Merlin can't resolve.

This was part of the 384.9 release notes ;

There are a few bugs introduced by ASUS that Merlin can't resolve.

This being true why was 384.9 and 10 released? Seems like a major bug to me. Not sure why it did not show in V9 for me and then showed it's ugly head in V10 but I'll stay on 384.6 for now.

Thanks

This being true why was 384.9 and 10 released? Seems like a major bug to me. Not sure why it did not show in V9 for me and then showed it's ugly head in V10 but I'll stay on 384.6 for now.

Thanks

Why not release? As the notes stated , bugs introduced by ASUS . It is a minor annoyance not something critical and it is also in the official Asus firmware.

The releases cover other important items and security issues.

Rename your script to nvramclean.sh and try again.
Unlike Windows, you usually need to prefix the name of the script (unless you have created an alias etc.)
e.g. If you are in the directory where the script is:
Code:
./nvramclean
or explicitly call the script from anywhere:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/nvramclean
Thanks to both of you for comimg back.
I renamed the file to nvramclean.sh and tried what both of you suggested.

Here is the result
Capture6.JPG

so not really sure that worked ?
in the case of sh /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh
it mentions line 2 and 4 are not found

i do not have any vpn clients set up in instances 2 and 4 so maybe something sort of worked !!

any further guidance greatly appreciated...it must be something simple and i can follow instructions and thinking i cant be far away !!

Thanks to both of you for comimg back.
I renamed the file to nvramclean.sh and tried what both of you suggested.

Here is the result
View attachment 16707

so not really sure that worked ?
in the case of sh /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh
it mentions line 2 and 4 are not found

i do not have any vpn clients set up in instances 2 and 4 so maybe something sort of worked !!

any further guidance greatly appreciated...it must be something simple and i can follow instructions and thinking i cant be far away !!

File probably wasn't created with Unix LF chars i.e. Windows Notepad was used as the editor?
Code:
dos2unix /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh

EDIT: Fixed typo :oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding updating said certificates? I exported the updated ovpn file from the admin GUI and on my windows client 2.4.7 (which includes OpenSSL 1.1.1) my connection still shows that it's utilizing OpenSSL 1.1.0.

OpenSSL is part of the software, not the configuration. The Windows client is compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.0.

File probably wasn't created with Unix LF chars i.e. Windows Notepad was used as the editor?
Code:
do2unix /jffs/scripts/nvramclean.sh
About six months ago, I started doing all of my development in Atom editor on Windows 10. I recently installed the packages format-shell and linter-shellcheck that check the shell code syntax and fix all of those nasty end of line character issues before porting over to the router for testing. After seeing the benefits, I wish I would have known about the packages much sooner. I don't have to copy/paste the code to https://www.shellcheck.net/ any longer. I can PM you the instructions on how to install the packages if interested. There are a few hacks you have to do in order to get them working correctly that are not very obvious.

Restarting quagga service on boot (with init-script) makes no difference

Then a firmware update will be required to properly address the quagga issue.

In 386.10, routing table have many missing entries all of them related to the gateway configured in the IPTV tab.

That's what quagga is for.

When is it ideal to do the following and is something I need to do?

- Format JFFS partition at next boot: Yes.

Only when experiencing corruption with the JFFS partition.

This being true why was 384.9 and 10 released? Seems like a major bug to me.

No it's not. The networkmap has zero impact on the router's performance. Not going to go 6 months without a release just because some users (not everyone) don't have the complete list of network devices on their LAN shown at all times.

but I'll stay on 384.6 for now.

Which contains a number of more important bugs and security issues than 384.10. Dnsmasq for instance is broken in 384.6 when using IPv6 and DNSFilter at the same time.

Why not release? As the notes stated , bugs introduced by ASUS . It is a minor annoyance not something critical and it is also in the official Asus firmware.

The releases cover other important items and security issues.

So you are saying this bug is OK for now until Asus fixes it. Knowing this and using an updated cfg file with my fix IPs should be better than running the old firmware 384.6? Right?

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!