What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC5300 M&M Nuclear re-installation of 384.14 (I kept my other AC5300 on 384.13 for the moment)
Compared to 384.13 The WiFi signal strength remains significantly lower (as already noticed in Beta3) The values are: 8% lower on 5GHz-2, 7% lower on 5GHz-1 and 12% lower on 2.4GHz(!!).

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/changelog-382

WiFi hasn't changed.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-read-me-first-before-posting-a-question.47153/

General support
Q: I'm having wifi issues, can your firmware fix it?

A: Wifi is closed source, therefore outside of my control. Wireless driver and code come directly from Asus's firmware.

Upgraded from 384.14 Beta 3 to the final version.

Still no remote HomeKit access (as with Beta 3), but this might be my/Apple’s fault.

Tips for fixing this?
Do you see dropped packets in the system log?

Here also a smooth update from 384.13 on a RT-AX88U.

Just a few hours after I set up my new Asus RT-AX88U with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_0
This can just be installed right? No need for reset or resetup correct? :)
(I guess dirty flash is just flashing it over the other and keep settings right?)

Just a few hours after I set up my new Asus RT-AX88U with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_0
This can just be installed right? No need for reset or resetup correct? :)
(I guess dirty flash is just flashing it over the other and keep settings right?)

Yep. There's really no reason to reset settings unless there's a major change.

I know it is not a thing that Merlin can influence (other than notifying Asus that they need some better firmware coders) but it doesn't change the fact that the WiFi signal is significantly less compared to 384.13. :)

Well, nothing in the code changed, I don't see anyone else saying this and I just flashed the firmware on my neighbours AC5300 and there is zero problem with WiFi signal being weaker .

Please keep posts focused on this specific release. Also note that I intend to lock this thread after a few weeks, once the release-specific issues have been handled, to avoid this thread devolving into a generic support discussion.
Do this

After reboot or restart (power off/on), checking the date through the command 'date' yields:
All right for me.
Code:
Sat Dec 14 08:15:09 BRT 2019
With each FW update, check your settings first. Try fixing.

I know it is not a thing that Merlin can influence (other than notifying Asus that they need some better firmware coders) but it doesn't change the fact that the WiFi signal is significantly less compared to 384.13. :)
Yet you've just acknowledged it has nothing to do with Merlin's firmware.

Perhaps you should investigate your environment for signal interference. This may be more productive.

Hi, I've update my two AC68U in mesh config to version 384.14 and now appear an yellow exclamation point high on dx with this window that I attach…..why not before? And is there something I can do?

Attachments

• Annotazione 2019-12-14 115640.jpg
    Annotazione 2019-12-14 115640.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 609
Hi, I've update my two AC68U in mesh config to version 384.14 and now appear an yellow exclamation point high on dx with this window that I attach…..why not before? And is there something I can do?
upload_2019-12-14_12-6-39.png

So you are lucky :) - the re-added feature just saved you from severe problems in near future by this notification. Do check stored variables in NVRAM and try to free the some NVRAM.

Was in the middle of up/cross grading from RT86U to AX88U - did put the AX88U on clean 384.13 yesterday, did upgrade to 384.14 this morning and it looks like the device passed away. Cannot do a factory reset anymore, nor did the FW recovery mode succeed. And yes, I did try the fuill armada of nuke resets. Maybe there was something wrong from the get-go. I am now back on my RT86U on 384.13, not sure if I should wait another day before upgrading.... :-(

Dirty flash from 384.13_2-g9239ffaa0d on RT-AC87U, no issues.

Updated to 384.14 did factory reset ... everything seems to be working well for my settings and my environment :)
Thank you:)

Hi, I just dirty upgraded to 384.14 after some successful testing of beta1 and beta3 on my rt-ax88. I do not expect problems since beta3 was already identical code for this router as stated some posts above. In any case I also did test this past week the 7756 based build of beta3 that Eric placed in the 'test builds' place and I have to say that I concour stating that 7756 code is not ready for general usage yet. I got a very ugly 2.4Ghz lockup followed by the already reported 'extremely low speed' event happening after restarting the wireless service to unlock 2.4Ghz band.

And for last, a very big 'Thank you' to Merlin and all the team that has participated in this release development and testing cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!