What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the new script been released?

Has the new script been released?

Lots of changes are being introduced in this upcoming update. I would estimate that I am 80% done with all the planed features for this release.

If you guys are all that impatient I may release a partially complete(but fully functioning) v8 release right now and a finished v9 release a few weeks later when everything is finished up.
(Personally I don’t like frequent updates but don’t mind pushing them out if everyone is impatient for the new changes !.)

Not only were the code changes technically complex (the rule parsing logic tree used lots of Boolean algebra, flags, and pre-parsing to be heavily optimized for the many potential tracked connections), the interactive menu needed lots of testing and many lines of code to have an extremely intuitive end result, workarounds also had to be found to pass values into the script from the webui, a framework had to be created to resolve IP’s into friendly device names, and I also had to simultaneously learn bits of web design to implement new features. (Still need to learn more web design which takes time!!).

Still to be completed filtering by device name and full control of the script from the WebUI instead of the terminal. Can’t forget testing which takes a LONG time aswell. The end result will probably please lots of people.

TLDR I have been VERY busy coding this update and spent way more free time/nights with this project that I initially wished too.

As a result I will probably post a paypal donation link since for those interested in supporting this project with a token of beer or coffee. (Which I have consumed plenty of during creation)

As always this script remain completely free. Users who donate will NOT be receiving exclusive features, support, etc. Simply a token of thanks.

Last edited:
a framework had to be created to resolve IP’s into friendly device names
More than a few folks with pixelserv-tls have digg installed for this.

I'm down for a v8 release ;)

I prefer longer release cycles with more complete code...Just let us know in a well known spot that you have released an update please!

NO RUSH @FreshJR ... consume more coffee and beers while you tweak an already great and indeed essential customization of the Stock QOS. The new features are highly anticipated ... but "Father Christmas" pitches up but once a year - so complete the new "toy" :D and only deliver when fully done.

Oh! and please provide a Donation Link - I for one gladly provide "beer" money to all developers of add-ons that I use ... if they have a link of course ;).

update: filtering tracked connections by individual device has been implemented successfully.

sample.jpg

I would peg overall progress at 90% now. It MAY be ready by the end of this weekend for release. Not much is left.

(Since filtering by individual devices is an available feature, I have also limited the connections table to 300 concurrent entries.

I have seen the page get laggy with LOTS of connections like when using torrents. Now with the device filter feature, 300 connections should be plenty after narrowing down to a specific device)

Last edited:
@FreshJR ...thanks for all the hard work you're doing ....quick question, wld the new script be implemented to work with amtm?

So this new release includes the DNS detection?

And does it make traffic detection betteror more accurate?

So this new release includes the DNS detection?

And does it make traffic detection betteror more accurate?

It’s mainly to make it easier to see what’s going on and configure rules for any deficiencies you then spot yourself. Not much has changed in regards to the core script modifications or built in rules.

If your DNS queries are not being detected as you expect them too, then a simple port rule can fix that.

@FreshJR May be a dumb question but will it replace the current script we use. As in will we need to redo our changes after we update to your newest version? If its as simple as backing up our old one and replacing after the upgrade I'm fine with that. Didn't see that asked and wanted to get an idea of what I may need to change/do once upgraded. Thanks!

@FreshJR May be a dumb question but will it replace the current script we use. As in will we need to redo our changes after we update to your newest version? If its as simple as backing up our old one and replacing after the upgrade I'm fine with that. Didn't see that asked and wanted to get an idea of what I may need to change/do once upgraded. Thanks!

With this update, you will have to write down / remember your old rules and re-enter them via an interactive mode in the terminal or via the WebUI. Have no worries, the new custom rule entry method is very easy and intuitive.

Manually editing rules or rates into the script (old method) is not supported anymore. Manually editing the script still technically possible, and WILL take effect, but unfortunately any manual changes will not be reflected in the "Tracked Connections".

This is due to tracked connections table being generated before any custom rules take place. This is a technological limitation of the existing structure. Work arounds are in place so the table will accurately reflect connection status, and they rely on entering rules via the new methods. The entire script is not parsed for hardcoded modifications.

Last edited:
With this update, you will have to write down / remember your old rules and re-enter them via an interactive mode in the terminal or via the WebUI. Have no worries, the new custom rule entry method is very easy and intuitive.

Manually editing rules or rates into the script (old method) is not supported anymore. Manually editing the script still technically possible, and WILL take effect, but unfortunately any manual changes will not be reflected in the "Tracked Connections".

This is due to tracked connections table being generated before any custom rules take place. This is a technological limitation of the existing setup, and I have worked around it so the table can accurately reflect connection status.
Awesome thanks so much!

It’s mainly to make it easier to see what’s going on and configure rules for any deficiencies you then spot yourself. Not much has changed in regards to the core script modifications or built in rules.

If your DNS queries are not being detected as you expect them too, then a simple port rule can fix that.
Ahh I understand thanks alot

This is due to tracked connections table being generated before any custom rules take place. This is a technological limitation of the existing structure. Work arounds are in place so the table will accurately reflect connection status, and they rely on entering rules via the new methods. The entire script is not parsed for hardcoded modifications.

Awesome Stuff! Thank you Fresh. Can't wait for the upcoming release. :)

Last edited:
Here's another progress report for everyone impatient.
Everything is coming along nicely and working as expected! Do not know how busy I will be this weekend but I am trying to finish everything up soon.

iptable.png

Don't worry, that bulky table (and the other two yet to be added) will be hidden on page load by default.

You have to click the orange"FreshJR Mod Customize" button before the bulky "QoS Modification" sub menu is shown. You can click the orange text again to hide.

--

I do not know if I should create 6 extra (non-modifiable) entries to represent the scripts built-in hard-coded rules.

On one hand I want to keep everything small, compact, and clean.

But on the other hand, I do not want to make the built in rules ambiguous.
(I am leaning on adding them in).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!