What's new

RT-AC 1900P at Best buy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Already answered in that thread. New CPU, and new power amplifiers for the wifi.

Does the RT-AC1900P have the same FCC ID as the RC-AC68U series routers?

Does the RT-AC1900P support higher power (1 watt) on the lower 5GHz channels, or are all the AC 1900 series routers limited in that respect to pre-2014 FCC indoor restrictions?

Do any popular routers support DFS channels in the U.S.? At full power?

Hi overClocked!, im looking to buy the newest AC1900P. I only have one doubt if you can help me sort it out. Does the 1900P has that USB metal shield that AC68P has for isolation
purpose?

I see no reason why Asus would go backward and remove it from a newer model if it was already there, unless it was shown to not be necessary.

Also note that shielding inside the router is only part of the equation. If your USB device itself and its cable aren't properly shielded, it will still cause interference with your wifi signal that has already left your antennas. Everything needs to be properly shielded.

Also note that shielding inside the router is only part of the equation. If your USB device itself and its cable aren't properly shielded, it will still cause interference with your wifi signal that has already left your antennas. Everything needs to be properly shielded.

Indeed - cable quality is a big part of USB3, not just because of potential interference, but overall quality of the connection to the peripheral device - not all cables are created equal, and I've personally seen people try to use USB2 cables on USB3 devices (connectors are backwards compatible)...

Only $165.99 now at Best Buy. Price keeps dropping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's about time for those on the sideline who have been holding out for an upgrade with their Asus N/AC66Us to get on board with the Asus AC1900P revolution.

It's jumping around. On Monday or Tuesday I checked and it was on sale for $179.99. I need to find someone to buy my 6 month old 68U so I can justify buying a 1900P.

I've been running the ac1900p for a while now and I have to say that for stability, range, speed and overall performance this dual band 3 x 3 router still just plain rocks! :)

... Although I continue to miss the Tx power adjustment option that the ac68p has. :(

Last edited:
It's jumping around. On Monday or Tuesday I checked and it was on sale for $179.99. I need to find someone to buy my 6 month old 68U so I can justify buying a 1900P.
Have the 1900p running here flawlessly since two weeks (on Merlin 380.61 firmware).
I wouldn't consider it a huge upgrade over the AC68U, mainly the CPU is upgraded.
When they had upgraded the (crampy) amount of RAM from 256MB to 1GB or 2GB it would be another story..

Just wish they sold it in there UK. So jealous [emoji31]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I suppose Asus is dumping their "outdated" RT-AC68's on the non American market.
In the Netherlands you only find hardware revision A models, even "fresh" supplies at large stores are still A revisions.
Anyway, we talk about just routers...although I feel resistance myself to buy a known outdated product, no matter how minimal the differences are.
For now I stay with the good old RT-N66U since updating the 802.11n network adapters to 802.11ac models in our HP laptaps failed (google for: Error Message: 104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart).