What's new

RT-AC5300 with Intel AC7260 settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosrocket

Regular Contributor
I've been running the RT-AC5300 for about a month now, all is well except with my laptop which has the Intel AC7260 wireless network card. With the two latest official Asus firmware I get constant disconnections. I have read that there might be settings in Device manager with the Intel AC7260 which might have to be changed to possibly alleviate the disconnection problem.

Does anyone know what settings to change which might help me out with this issue? I appreciate your help.

Blame Intel AC7260 drivers, try the latest version and see if solves the issue.

Blame Intel AC7260 drivers, try the latest version and see if solves the issue.
I have and it didn't. Right now I am running Merlin's 380.57 firmware which eliminates the disconnect issue. Not crazy about the idea of not being able to use Asus firmware. Hopefully the 7260 card will work with future Asus firmware but I've been having the disconnect issue with the last version and the present version.

I was hoping there was some setting with the AC7260 that I could at least try.

Disable 'U-APSD support' that fixed the disconnection problems for me.

I have and it didn't. Right now I am running Merlin's 380.57 firmware which eliminates the disconnect issue. Not crazy about the idea of not being able to use Asus firmware. Hopefully the 7260 card will work with future Asus firmware but I've been having the disconnect issue with the last version and the present version.

I was hoping there was some setting with the AC7260 that I could at least try.
Just a thought.... @RMerlin firmware is always far superior to anything that comes out of Asus! The man, spends countless hours perfecting what Asus puts out. I ditched Asus Firmware long time ago on my trusty 68U (Black Knight ;) ) now I'm only running Merlin or Merlin Forks with no issues what so ever. Upgrades are a breeze. Cheers. :)

Yes "U-APSD support" or disable Power Management option on Intel AC7260.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!