What's new

[RT-AC66U][380.59] Wrong client interfaces

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vinzz

Occasional Visitor
Hi !

First, let me quickly explain my config:

Main router (LAN4) <-----------> (WAN) Secondary router (LAN4) <-------------> (LAN) Main computer
(Wireless) <-----------> (Wireless) LAP201402
(...) <-----------> (...)​

Both routers are RT-AC66U with Asus Merlin 380.59. The secondary is configured as an AP.

As you can see below, on my main router Tools > Sysinfo page, instead of seeing the secondary router, I see a laptop (wireless client of my secondary router). On the secondary router however, all is well.

upload_2016-5-27_11-8-40.png

Why is that so ?

Bonus question:
My computer is connected to the secondary router through CAT5E patch and CAT6 in-wall (all 4 pairs). However I can only seem to get a 100 Full Duplex connection. Any idea on what could be the cause ? (Win 7, GigE network card, latest drivers)

Thank you so much !

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-27_11-5-5.png
    upload_2016-5-27_11-5-5.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 519
Why is that so ?

Key word is "last", in "Last device seen". If you have a switch, and on that switch you have 2 computers, the reported MAC won't be of the switch, but of the last computer that sent data through it. For the switch itself to appear, it would have to have sent a packet of its own.

Key word is "last", in "Last device seen". If you have a switch, and on that switch you have 2 computers, the reported MAC won't be of the switch, but of the last computer that sent data through it. For the switch itself to appear, it would have to have sent a packet of its own.

I was confused because "Link state" mentions the wired link between router1 and router2 so I thought that "Last device seen" should be router2 (since it has an IP address and is therefore a device on the network).

But ok, thanks for the explanation ! ^^'