What's new

RT-AC66U support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sagitario

New Around Here
Hi,

I bought a RT-AC66U and was quite satisfied with it, however I noticed a small problem. I have a Static IP
stuck to my old mac address router. So I have done a mac clone in RT-AC66U and let configure was Automatic IP. The problem is that every time the router reboot... at first it does not gain IP, so I need to login and run the Quick Internet Setup and after that it gain a different IP. So I need to reboot the modem and after that it get my Static IP.

I already had other router (WRT-54GL) with the Automatic IP and mac clone configure and never had this problem.

This behavior is normal or it's a bug?

Taking advantage of this thread, where I can find/see the ISP IP, GATEWAY, DNS information in this router?

Regards,

Taking advantage of this thread, where I can find/see the ISP IP, GATEWAY, DNS information in this router?
The main page when you log into the router is "Network Map". Click on the picture of the globe next to where is says "Internet status:". A panel will open up on the right of the screen.

Regarding your IP issue; it should work without you needing to reboot, but I don't have an AC66U so I can't confirm that.

The main page when you log into the router is "Network Map". Click on the picture of the globe next to where is says "Internet status:". A panel will open up on the right of the screen.
Now I feel a little dumb for not having dealt with this before... o_O
I will try to configure has Static IP and see what happen.
Thank you!!!!