What's new

RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A.Davis

Occasional Visitor
Desperate for router help 378.55.3 HGG Final firmware i have u-verse internet and am getting a unable to connect error message and root failure DHCP. I don't know what my setting should be or how to solve my problems , this a shout out for help.... router is work fine i quess and i have internet access but some of my setting might be wrong can some please advice me or point me in the right direction to correct this on my own.

What kind of AT&T internet access is that? PPPoE? DHCP? What you mean with "unable to connect error message, root failure dhcp" and then "router is working fine and i have internet access"?

I'm confused here, do you have internet access or not? It would help if you could be more detailed and show us the exact error message.

I've seen recently a rare but weird issue on PPPoE connections with lastest ASUS FW versions, not sure if its what you are seeing there. Do you see the word "unknown" on your router mode?

PS: Have you HW reset your router (press 5-10 reset button without releasing) and configure it manually without importing any old saved .cfg file after updating to .55 FW?

Last edited:
no i have internet access, and am able to surf the net just fine website open correctly ... but if am away from my computer for more that 30 min. or the computer is sleep i get a error message. i have attached a picture of what am see and the type of error i thing....please help if you can or anyone can help.

Attachments

• screencapture-192-168-2-1-error_page-htm-1432835256008.png
    screencapture-192-168-2-1-error_page-htm-1432835256008.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 572
First of all, that picture you tooked barelly can be seen, extreme low quality, try to open it and zoom after and i dare you to read the full message.

Also it would help if you could answer what type of WAN connection you have? DHCP (Automatic IP), PPPoE, Static IP, etc.

No one will be able to help if you don't answer the questions and supply some more info about the problem.

That screen message doesnt really help much, but it means you lost access to the internet, how you reconnect after?

Go to your syslog page (Main_LogStatus_Content.asp) and copy the info on pastebin.com, then copy the link here.

Probably your current syslog still have the disconnecting messages, if not you will have to wait until the disconnect message show up again.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!