What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7010 - Unofficial Beta firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After a couple of days my iPhone 5S appears to be having issues again on the 5Ghz radio...

Have disabled 802.11ac beamforming to see if this helps, will report back. How is everyone else finding this release?

Yup same here
Had to disable beam forming ,
But still getting weird intermittent problems with wifi

Yup same here
Had to disable beam forming ,
But still getting weird intermittent problems with wifi

Yeah it's really annoying actually. For some reason seems to be the worst on my iPhone 5S, the iPhone 6 and iPad 2 seem to work without any issues.

Don't see this problem on any other devices so I'm assuming it's Apple specific.

Interesting to note though a reboot seems to make things much better for a day or so. Then the same problems re-occur...

Last edited:
Yeah it's really annoying actually. For some reason seems to be the worst on my iPhone 5S, the iPhone 6 and iPad 2 seem to work without any issues.

Don't see this problem on any other devices so I'm assuming it's Apple specific.

Interesting to note though a reboot seems to make things much better for a day or so. Then the same problems re-occur...
Yah, for me it's my 6+, it randomly during the middle of something is trying to reconnect, well lets hope iOS 9 fixes it but at this point we have about 3 months to wait maybe 2, I wonder if jail-braking has a fix for it?
I also can not get the 6687 to work properly now, I have no idea why it was perfect and now forget it.
these routers should not be this finicky at all, but you are probably correct on IOS causing it.

this firmware actually the worse firmware so far, my 5ghz band constantly disappear, sometime took a day or sometime just couple of hours and the only way to fix it is to press the power button on the back.

Same here, if I leave the router on for around a day or so without a reboot, my Windows laptops stop being able to connect to the 5GHz. Rebooting using the web interface works.

Hi all,

I have posted new unofficial Beta's for some devices, including AC87U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!