What's new

Settings have been updated... Locked out...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yeah dont just clear it actually disable it.

and to be clear I mean the 'offline cache' not the normal cache, I posted a link now in my post which explains how, scroll down on it past the changing size part.

I will try when it happens the next time, but as I occurs with Safari I have little hope

I will try when it happens the next time, but as I occurs with Safari I have little hope

I feel the same with all apple products too (little to no hope). :D

I am also having trouble with this error message appearing on ios browsers with my RT66u running v40 and https enabled on 8443. On iOS I use Safari and iCab.

Symptoms are as follows:

- Connects initially using IP address (after accepting the unsigned cert); can do what I need, but after a period of inactivity I get the error screen. clearing caches does not seem to help
- I can connect to router using a different address and accept the cert (eg. https://nt-66u.local:8443). Works until the timeout happens.
- using a third alias will also work as above.

Is this what others are experiencing?

---
baltosml@RT-N66U

I have had the same Problem in Firefox.
There is one way to do this. Delete the Certificate stored in your Browser.
In FF this is in Settings> Advanced> Certificates and klick Show Certificates.
In the Tab Server look for your Routers IP and delete the Certificate.

With iCab mobile (iOS) I cannot find a way to clear cache/cert/etc that allows a reconnect. However, I did find that if I am sure to tap "logout", and close the window, I can reconnect.

Update: Alas, this process of being sure to log out and close window after a successful connection does not last.

---
baltosml@RT-N66U

Last edited:
With iCab mobile (iOS) I cannot find a way to clear cache/cert/etc
In iCab mobile click on the Star (Settings), Private Data (or similar, I have it in german). There is a selection to clear history, cache and data.

Thanks for the tip for iCab mobile - for this lockout issue, clearing all of the cache items in Private Data did not fix the lockout issue for me.

---
baltosml@RT-N66U

I have come up with a solution that has worked for several days and survives reboot. I hope this might help someone else. It is pieced together from discussions in other threads.

- copy the cert.pem, key.pem and server.pem from /etc to /mnt/sda1/cert
- install the cert.pem on your iOS device. one way is to email it to yourself and then click on the attachment.

- add the following lines to the services-start script (assuming you already have one):

cp /tmp/mnt/sda1/cert/cert.pem /etc
cp /tmp/mnt/sda1/cert/key.pem /etc
cp /tmp/mnt/sda1/cert/server.pem /etc
chmod 644 /etc/server.pem
nvram set https_crt_gen=0
service restart_httpd

This addition to services-start will prevent a change to the self-signed certificate at boot.

EDIT: changed my setup to use services-start instead of init-start to have things be copied later in the boot sequence

---
baltosml@RT-N66U

Last edited:
i chose to copy the keys to /jffs rather than the flash drive; works nicely

Just hit this for the first time myself, was worried it was a hacking attempt or something, glad to see it's not.

My symptoms differed slightly from others:

* Limited internet access, couldn't access anything outside of my private network from a Wi-Fi connected device
* Couldn't connect to router, got error message as others have stated, using Google Chrome on Windows 8 64-bit
* Hadn't made any settings changes for days prior to this
* Problem was resolved with a power-cycle of the router. Likely unrelated, but I also disconnected the WAN cable until I was sure the router IP address / admin port hadn't been changed by a hacking attempt.
* Reloading the page after power-cycle got me in on the first try, and internet access was also restored.

If I see this again, I'll try alternate browsers and clearing caches. I'm a pretty new Merlin user, only switched a week ago and am using the exact same setup I did with the Asus fimware, with the exception of the fact that I've added a USB stick (actually, a USB to SD card adapter) to store WAN usage data, as I just got bitten by Comcast's $10/50GB overages on my WAN this month.

I had something vaguely similar to this during a recent upgrade. Basically, for some strange reason, the password had unexpectedly been reset to the default.

I had something vaguely similar to this during a recent upgrade. Basically, for some strange reason, the password had unexpectedly been reset to the default.

That is a total different issue.
The extent of this issue is that router "crashes". Meaning no web access and the router web interface only says settings were changed, a router reboot fixes. No actual settings change.

I have had this problem about 4 separate times now.

If you want to fix the issue, all you have to do is delete all cached data from your web browser and then go back to the URL =)

I get this error after enabling Telnet

I too have received the
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh. Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC66U. To access the settings on RT-AC66U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.
error, in my case after trying to enable Telnet access on my RT-AC66U running 3.0.0.4.374.38_2.

Intenet traffic through the router continued without problem. I just couldn't log in to the router, from any one of several browsers, using several ports etc., from any of several computers, or tablets, not via WiFi, not via an Ethernet connection nor even via a direct (no intervening switches etc.) Ethernet connection with no other devices connected to the router.

I tried some of the things mentioned in various threads here in the forum, e.g., trying a different browser, a different computer, router reboots, a different login etc. and, so far, the only thing that worked for me was a reset and re-entry of all the router settings. The wide range of devices from which the login wasn't possible seemed to exclude some of the possible remedies mentioned. It is also possible that I missed something and I'll check again but so far - no luck.

Subsequent attempts to enable Telnet produced the same results.

Last edited:
Ugh, just updated to latest Merlin Beta and same thing is happening now, I can't access admin screen. Tried different browsers, clearing cache, disabling cache, reboot, nothing working!

Maybe...The latest Merlin releases removed support for SSL2 and SSL3 for admin access due to security concerns. Make sure your browser is setup to support TLS 1.0

Maybe...The latest Merlin releases removed support for SSL2 and SSL3 for admin access due to security concerns. Make sure your browser is setup to support TLS 1.0

Out of the box, the only browser out there that does not support TLS 1.0 is Internet Explorer 6. Anyone still using this disaster of a browser should rush to their nearest Windows update/Firefox/Google mirror site and get a browser from this side of the decade. :)

earase history , offline data and cache last hour then you can get back in , at least worked for me with FF

Last edited: