What's new

Starting to despair

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In the IOT space range is a big factor but obviously cost is lower too and considering IOT stuff is dirt cheap, I'm sure that's also a major factor too. Throughput requirements are minimal so no reason for them to do 5Ghz.

Some of the stuff that uses hubs actually runs 800mhz-900mhz LFR between devices and hub to get better range.
My MyQ (Chamberlain) wifi signal is absolute TRASH. I've been through three, and they're all bad. Support was useless.

However - whatever they use for communication from hub <> garage door sensor is super strong - operates ~15-20 feet through walls.
It doesn't make sense.

I've just retried the auto channel vs manual channel selection on the 2.4 GHz band (see below for the results). Anyway, my main concern regarding my Canon printer only being able to use the unstable 2.4 GHz band has been solved. I've replaced the Pixma TS8250 with a Pixma TS8350, which does have 5 GHz capability, so I'll just need to try and pick a time when there is less interference when I next need to update my TomTom sat nav maps, as that only has 2.4 GHz capability.

Low-band Wi-Fi (auto channel).jpg

Low-band Wi-Fi (channel 6).jpg

I've just retried the auto channel vs manual channel selection on the 2.4 GHz band (see below for the results). Anyway, my main concern regarding my Canon printer only being able to use the unstable 2.4 GHz band has been solved. I've replaced the Pixma TS8250 with a Pixma TS8350, which does have 5 GHz capability, so I'll just need to try and pick a time when there is less interference when I next need to update my TomTom sat nav maps, as that only has 2.4 GHz capability.

Might want to hide your name/email in your screenshots.