What's new

Synology DS-209+ review up!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes DSM 2.2 functionality is all the same for all units "except" the new R/W speeds that changes for every unit it is installed on.

You have updated the 209 & 209+ throughput but you did not update the 409 & 409+ speeds in charts, and speed really increases a lot at least with 409+ witch I own.

Actually the charts shows similar performances for 209+ and 409+ but 409+ has been tested with an older software that is much slower than the new one.

This is what I really meant, sorry if you don´t understand me.

Cheers.

Yes DSM 2.2 functionality is all the same for all units "except" the new R/W speeds that changes for every unit it is installed on.
Really? Funny that Synology didn't point out that advantage of DSM 2.2.

Can you please describe the speed increase that you got?

At any rate, I won't be re-reviewing the products.

Really? Funny that Synology didn't point out that advantage of DSM 2.2.

I don't know what you talk with synology or not, I only tell you the avantages I have noticed, you can believe or of course not.

Can you please describe the speed increase that you got?

At any rate, I won't be re-reviewing the products.

Synology DSM 2.2 increased read and write rates respect to previous version. In my first post I told you my DS409+ (read) rates with 2.2

There should be a tedious work to update any small change of every unit you test.

Sorry I will not disturb you anymore

Thanks.