What's new

Synology releases v4.2 of their NAS software: DSM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevech

Part of the Furniture
Announced today, after a beta test period.
The new DS713 looks intriguing.. a two bay NAS with an expansion chassis for more drives.
Didn't look at price vs. DS212 or 212j

Interesting in that thread is, as I read it, that Samsung rebrands and resells some Seagate drives.
You just don't know these days, eh?

I read in that thread that this Samsung problem isn't universal for all NAS vintages.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm new here :).. Have recently bought a DS111j, was running 4.1 DSM for a weeks or so no problems (beta versions), upgraded to 4.2 and for some reason the cloud app hung the nas box ! even a reboot would hang (or slow to a snails pace) the nas box :(, could get access via the web GUI so ended up using putty terminal to get root access and kill the cloud package processes, then I was able to disable the cloud package. I even tried installing a release version, but still the same ? I do remember updating the cloud, video, audio and media server apps all at the same time at beta version after the upgrade, maybe I'll re-install release versions of all of them to see what happens ??

Lee

maybe someone on the Synology user forum can help. Of course, you might want to file a trouble ticket if you're convinced it's not cockpit trouble.