What's new

"This entry has been in list" ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

glitchsys

Occasional Visitor
What is the relationship between adding mac addresses and static IP's in the DHCP Server tab vs doing it via the Client Status section on the network map? I see several of my devices but this time some have different icons as well as extra options at the bottom like "Block Internet Access" and "MAC and IP address Binding"

It seems several devices have icons I don't even have a choice to manually select, such as Huawei and Amazon; It seems like this list is "disconnected" from the list in LAN/DHCP Server. Except when I try to save something. I get this pop up with bad english saying "This entry has been in list" which I take to mean that this entry already has a static DHCP IP assigned to it? So rather than update that other list, it tries to save it and finds it in the other list and pops up that error.

Merlin 380.59 on a RT-AC68R/AC68U

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 5.41.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 5.41.35 PM.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 617
Ok I think I partially solved the issue. Apparently when adding mac addresses in the DHCP server section you need to go all capitals, don't use lower case. When you do that, you're able to edit the name and icon. Once you've done that, the "Client Status" section of the network map will sync with that other information and show things. Also, devices that are online only, you can click on the icon in the "Client Status" section and you'll see "MAC and IP address Binding" will automatically be selected, it realizes it's been statically assigned. So this is mostly working. I think I may have encountered a snag when devices are offline but I'm ok with that.

I think the best solution is to make sure when people are manually adding mac addresses, that they're forced to all upper case. Some kind of script on the input box that ensures all alphabet letters are capitalized. There's something similar in the IP addresses box that only allows numbers and the period . sign to be entered.

I can close or delete this thread if anybody wants or I can leave it open for future searches.

This can happen if you have MAC-address on in small letter and one in capital letter on same ip.
Client status and lan ip list, make sure that is same on both (capital letter)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!