What's new

Unofficial Build 380.58

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AC68u
The 2.4ghz and NAT issues are still present in GPL 1354 for the Ac68
My question is: Is it possible to include an "Old Driver "version with the next release 380.58
With "OLD driver" version included of Hggomes 380.57 ,2.4ghz work ok when nat is disabled, so i can use IP traffic and QoS again
I want to stick with Merlin,thats why im asking that :D

AC68u
The 2.4ghz and NAT issues are still present in GPL 1354 for the Ac68
My question is: Is it possible to include an "Old Driver "version with the next release 380.58
With "OLD driver" version included of Hggomes 380.57 ,2.4ghz work ok when nat is disabled, so i can use IP traffic and QoS again
I want to stick with Merlin,thats why im asking that :D

No. The reason for the SDK switch is that flashing a firmware with the old SDK on the new RT-AC68U revision coming out this month would brick it. Providing any Asuswrt firmware with a version of 380 and the old SDK is a disaster in waiting.

Just wait for Asus to fix it.

No. The reason for the SDK switch is that flashing a firmware with the old SDK on the new RT-AC68U revision coming out this month would brick it. Providing any Asuswrt firmware with a version of 380 and the old SDK is a disaster in waiting.

So there is a lot of different 68's out there now how would a new owner know the difference and it seems like there will be many bricked 68's coming soon. Is this something Asus is doing to stop code such as Xvortex and the R-7000 if so i can understand Asus code should stay with Asus routers and let Netgear fix there own mess. Quite frankly i am surprised law suits have not been filed with some of this 3rd party code that violates region codes,tx power laws and GPL violations.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is a lot of different 68's out there now how would a new owner know the difference and it seems like there will be many bricked 68's coming soon.

There won't be any brick with either the official or my firmware. What Asus ended up doing was bump the firmware version to 380 at the same time they updated the SDK. The 380 firmware will also ensure that if you have an RT-AC68U with the new revision C1, it will not allow you to flash a 378_xxxx firmware. That will prevent any accidental brick.

My firmware is also safe because I was warned ahead of time, so I implemented the exact same safeguards as Asus. My first 380 release has the new SDK, and reverting to the older SDK is out of the question.

Thanx!

Im thinking to buy the Asus RT-AC3100 now :rolleyes:

Could someone put the option in there for turning off the LEDs? The bright lights on the RT-AC88U is driving me nuts...

Could someone put the option in there for turning off the LEDs? The bright lights on the RT-AC88U is driving me nuts...

I'm using alpha1 and it's there in Tools > Other Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Stealth Mode (disable all LEDs). Is it missing in alpha2?

Here you can get a new alpha2 build (424f6aa) for N66U, AC56U, AC68U, AC3200, AC3100, AC5300 and AC88U.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fro4g9n88xsyxgo/AAA-IwW-u58XBa_qbiA-qwH6a?dl=0

AC66U and AC87U ends with errors.

Enjoy!

RT-AC56U build will not work properly, kernel symbol mismatches breaking both the Trend Micro engine and the Tuxera filesystem drivers. I haven't checked the RT-AC68U but it's probably the same problem.

Check dmesg output when booting a firmware build to confirm that closed-source modules still load properly.

RT-AC87U cannot be compiled because we need a newer Quantenna SDK to match with the rest of the firmware code.

Currently, the only known good builds are for the RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100 and RT-AC5300.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!