What's new

What is the speed of WAN interface on AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Parker Woolfol

New Around Here
Hello all,

I was looking at getting a 2 gig up/down connection through comcast and I had thought of the solution of link aggregation or using doubleshot pro to combine Ethernet/wifi etf to get more than the 1gbps an individual lan port provides, but it dawned on me that the WAN port might also be 1Gbps and i'd be limited there anyways. The research i've done says the router rupports up to 1800mbps WAN-LAN, I believe thats my answer but it doesn't say how. I've never heard of going from a 1gbps ethernet to 2, just 1 to 10gbps. Can someone tell me if i'm right and how this would be accomplished? I'm thinking maybe its using dual wan 1 gbps connections? and if so would that work if the dual is actually 1 isp? Your thoughts and opinions are greatly valued, thanks!

The RT-AC5300 can only handle 1 Gbps WAN.

There's a standard for 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, in addition to 10 Gbps Ethernet. For a 2 Gbps Internet, you would need either a router that relies on dual wan (check with your ISP), or with a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet interface. The next generation of Broadcom-based routers should support that, based on the specs of the new chip that was announced last winter.

The RT-AC5300 can only handle 1 Gbps WAN.

There's a standard for 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, in addition to 10 Gbps Ethernet. For a 2 Gbps Internet, you would need either a router that relies on dual wan (check with your ISP), or with a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet interface. The next generation of Broadcom-based routers should support that, based on the specs of the new chip that was announced last winter.
Thanks Merlin!!! That is a shame I love this router and just got it, but I guess i'll either stick with a 1gbps or possibly get one from comcast and one from att, its actually cheaper to get both than a 2 from comcast

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!