What's new

Why do I get longer ranger w/ 2.4Ghz ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnnyBeGood

Regular Contributor
Howdy,

I'm on Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 and when I'm connected on my Galaxy S4 to 5Ghz and I go outside at some point it disconnects. When I connect to 2.4Ghz I can go past that point without disconnect?
I've tried increasing to 90 from default 80 and decreasing to 70 on Wireless -> Professional ->Tx power adjustment without any noticeable difference on 5ghz Frequency.

Any idea what I can try to change?

Thanks for taking time to reply!
I Did not know that. I guess I'll stop searching these forums for a solution :)

It's just physics that the higher the frequency, the shorter the wavelength, the weaker the penetration on solid objects.

For example, visible light is extremely high frequency so that's why it cannot pass through solid opaque objects while 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi can.

It's just physics that the higher the frequency, the shorter the wavelength, the weaker the penetration on solid objects.

For example, visible light is extremely high frequency so that's why it cannot pass through solid opaque objects while 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi can.
Good explanation. Thanks!

Also, the higher the (microwave) frequency, the more of the signal is absorbed by water vapour.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!