What's new

WiFi printer - losing connection (378.52_2) [solved]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Marsi4eg it is really sad :-/ damn!
@Pene Yes with Netgear and D-Link everything works nice but not with Asus (Merlin?).

Now I am doing some test guys with new settings... and it looks that everything works fine. I have connection with my printer for about 24h... we will see what will be tommorow ;-)

BTW, are you tested the latest version of Merlin 378.53? That version was released yesterday.

Last edited:
48h+ and everything works well with my settings. I wait till tomorrow... and we will see. Now it looks nice.

Last edited:
72h+ and I have still connection...

I do not know if it's not too early say it but... what I set:

Generally I changed a few AUTO values for 2.4 GHz in Wireless menu:
Wireless Mode: from "AUTO" to "N"
Channel bandwidth: from "AUTO" to "40 MHz"
Control Channel: from "AUTO" to "5"
Network Key Rotation Interval: from "3600" to "2500"

and

I also set what @threepwood said in Lan -> IPTV menu:
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy): from "Disable" to "Enable"

I will wait till tommorow and for next tests I will disable "Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)".

Now everything looks great.

Last edited:
I think enabling the IGMP proxy won't help me, but I give it a try. Modifiing the wireless network 100% won't help, because the printer is connected via USB, and my PC connected via LAN.

@Marsi4eg did the fw upgrade solve the problem?

24+ ...and everything is OK.

With "Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)" set to "Disable"... just AUTO in wireless settings is set to FIXED values.

OK guys... I still have connection with the printer. For me the problem looks like solved.
You need change AUTO values to FIXED values for WiFi settings.
That's all.

Hmmm ...

I appreciate you found the solution direction (I have a HP Photosmart 7510 with the same problems, sometimes). I would like to try to shrink the setting scope a bit because I don't like the fact that the mode and control channel are fixed now.
I also must say that the phenomenon is quite firmware version dependent (some versions do not have a problem at all). At this moment I don't have a problem (378.52_2), but if I have reproducible problems again, I will start experimenting with your settings. Thanks !

2020 and I'm facing the same problems with Asus RT-AC86U. I have the same ping/Host is down problems with wireless devices like Zigbee gateway, printer or HiFi. It may indeed look like some older wireless controllers in this devices are not happy with dynamic channel changes. I just started trying with fixed 2.4GHz value, kept 5GHz on AUTO as these are only modern devices.

I've experienced my Brother printer going offline from time to time. I haven't figured out why. Now I came across this topic.
I'm using Asus WRT Merlin 384.14_2 on my AC86u with amtm and Skynet as my only scripts. The printer is connected to my network via 2.4GHz wireless lan.

I had a look at the log and found this:
Code:
Jan 31 18:37:26 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth5: Deauth_ind A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 31 18:37:28 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth5: Auth A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 31 18:37:28 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(430): eth5: ReAssoc A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan 31 18:37:37 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth5: Deauth_ind A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Jan 31 18:37:39 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth5: Auth A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

A4:FC:77:65:4F:BF being the MAC address of my printer. I honestly don't know what this log is telling me.
Any ideas how to fix this?