- My Asus AX86U has a 2.5G port and supports LAN aggregation
- My gigabit switch supports LACP
- I picked up a 2.5G network card to toy with
I'm trying to wrap my head around the topology to maximize read/write between my main desktop and unraid server.
Originally I was thinking about installing the 2.5G card in the server, bypassing the switch, plugging straight into the router.
Now in order to use that additional bandwidth, I was thinking of enabling a aggregated link (router, ports 1 & 2) to my switch.
- Is that it? I guess if I stop there, in theory, multiple devices accessing the unraid box via my switch would benefit from the added bandwidth, but not any particular system.
- I guess I'd need to 'continue' the aggregation straight to my desktop by adding another 1G card to it if I wanted to see >1G transfers?