What's new

3.0.0.4.374.5656 fixes 3G Dongles Huawei ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@ceege
Look at my post #172 point 8

@ceege
Look at my post #172 point 8

That command didn't work for me:
Code:
admin@RT-AC66U-5938:/tmp/home/root# AT^SETPORT=?
-sh: AT^SETPORT=?: not found
I think my modem is hilink?, because it's hardcoded for Sonera Finland.
I've set the mode to NDIS and "4G only" with the modem's own Mobile Broadband app.

AFAIK NDIS/RAS has nothing to do with speed. I can set my Huawei to RAS, and then it changes the Huawei E3276 from "Network Adapter" to "Modem" in Device Mgr. It also brings up Windows' own DialUp function when I plug in the modem.

@SebZab

top netinfo 3.65, only in polish I think ??

Are there any english version ??

Sorry only aware of ladna pogoda and dzień dobry

Sorry, only polish version is available.

But to get AT terminal is very easy:

1. Click settings icon "Ustawienia"
2. Chose from left menu "Komunikacja AT i PIN"
3. Tick square at "Komunikacja AT (widoczny poziom sygnalu, moc, BTS, dane sieci)"
4. Open AT terminal by pressing upper box named "Komendy AT"

After reading this whole thread for the third time, and testing about every suggestion on the way, I still end up with this:
Code:
udhcpc -i usb0 -p /var/run/udhcpc1.pid -s /tmp/udhcpc
udhcpc: SIOCGIFINDEX: [B][I]No such device[/I][/B]

I do get 20/5 speeds, but nothing close to the >100/10 that I get with the stick stuck strait into the PC.

Has ANYBODY got this combination to work at hi speeds?:
RT-AC66U / Huawei E3276 / Merlin 376.44 / LTE 150MHz

Yes, I have.

After proper job log is:

Jan 1 01:00:34 kernel: cdc_ncm: usb0: 150 mbit/s downlink 150 mbit/s uplink
Jan 1 01:00:34 kernel: cdc_ncm: usb0: network connection: connected

Yes, but discovered now that the speed is only 3G not 3G+ as supposed to be, as it was with RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.41_alpha4
and neither script nor @SebZab suggestion helps

Been on other fw for a while, now tested Merlin 376.45 a1

Deja Vu :
Dualwan working asis (without script) as long as Huawei in USB3 and WD disc in USB2. Both failover and failback.

Otherwise (Huawei in USB2 and WD disc in USB3) GUI status is disconnected, but modem is registred with operator, and dualwan not functional.

RT-AC68U
Huawei E3276s-150 21.436.03.00.00,CH1E3276SM Ver.C
(none HiLink)

Yes, I have.

After proper job log is:

And you have a non hilink modem, yes?
How can I find out what mine is?

Yes, I switched off HiLink by loading special firmware.
I you have got configuration of modem by web page 192.168.1.1 it means that it is HiLink.

A couple of you posted in my thread concerning a maintenance release for 374.43_2 (http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=18914) asking for help with the modem problems.

One of the posts indicated that it seemed everything was working on the latest 376.44 release. I did some investigation, and there were quite a few changes in the modem support code in that release. I tried to backport some of these, but it ended up leading to a continuous run of dependencies and compiler errors. So, a comprehensive backport isn't feasable.

But in reading through some of this thread, it seems as if there is some thought that it is primarily a scripting problem. So, I backported 2 scripts from 376.44 to my 374.43_2 build as an experimental build (Generic_conn.scr and modem_enable.sh). This is the best attempt I can make at helping out. If it doesn't work, there is nothing more I can do.

I've only done a single build for now for the N66U for someone to try. I don't have an N66U or modem, so it's totally untested. Good luck.

RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-x1j9527.trx
Download ---->http://1drv.ms/1pAu3Mi

Is the indicator on the modem blue or cyan?

Cyan is not valid and my operator don't have LTE here in my rural home :)

Light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which indicate:
• Green light, flashes 2 times every other second = Modem is turned on
• Green light, flashes 5 times a second = Modem software is being updated
• Green light, flashes once a second = Modem is connecting to the 2G network
• Blue light, flashes once every other second = Modem is connecting to the 3G network
• Light blue light, flashes once every other second = Modem is connecting to the 4G network
• Green light = Modem is connected to the 2G network
• Blue light = Modem is connected to the 3G network
• Light blue light = Modem is connected to the 4G network

But in reading through some of this thread, it seems as if there is some thought that it is primarily a scripting problem. So, I backported 2 scripts from 376.44 to my 374.43_2 build as an experimental build ...
I've only done a single build for now for the N66U for someone to try.

I can see a few people have accessed the experimental build....has anyone tried it?

thanks for your effort, but sorry to say nope.
Not working in my enviroment.

I can see a few people have accessed the experimental build....has anyone tried it?

Attachments

• john9527.jpg
    john9527.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 659
Has ANYBODY got this combination to work at hi speeds?
RT-AC66U / Huawei E3276 / Merlin 376.44 / LTE 150MHz
Yes, I have.
After proper job log is:

Since that, Ive changed to John's 374.43_2-01j9527 fw but I still get that "No such device" error.
So, has anybody got the RT-AC66U+Huawei E3276 combo to work at hi speeds?
Is it time for me to unlock the modem now? Any hints where to find a working solution on how to do that?

Cyan is not valid and my operator don't have LTE here in my rural home :)

Light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which indicate:
• Green light, flashes 2 times every other second = Modem is turned on
• Green light, flashes 5 times a second = Modem software is being updated
• Green light, flashes once a second = Modem is connecting to the 2G network
• Blue light, flashes once every other second = Modem is connecting to the 3G network
• Light blue light, flashes once every other second = Modem is connecting to the 4G network
• Green light = Modem is connected to the 2G network
• Blue light = Modem is connected to the 3G network
• Light blue light = Modem is connected to the 4G network

Cyan is a green/blue - essentially light blue, but without 4G you're right you'd never see it.

It does NOT look the same to me. Both your modem and your router is different.

Since that, Ive changed to John's 374.43_2-01j9527 fw but I still get that "No such device" error.
So, has anybody got the RT-AC66U+Huawei E3276 combo to work at hi speeds?
Is it time for me to unlock the modem now? Any hints where to find a working solution on how to do that?

In trying to speed up my VPN I just purchased the AC68 in addition to the N66. I can confirm the commands in this thread work on the AC68, but not the N66. Not sure why, but everything works perfectly with the AC68.

In trying to speed up my VPN I just purchased the AC68 in addition to the N66. I can confirm the commands in this thread work on the AC68, but not the N66. Not sure why, but everything works perfectly with the AC68.
I'll be danged!!! Guess I just have to wait for Asus next release then. If somebody doesn't come up with working commands for the 66'ers.

I feel very frustrated as I bought the AC68U specifically because my only internet provider is through USB Huawei E3276.
The router detects the modem and shows Huawei modem in usb but cant do anything else.
Tried the asus firmware, tried the merlin firmware and still nothing.
I'm guessing everyone else is having the same problem??

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!