What's new

3004.388.6_2 media bridge mode (RT-AX86U but maybe others also) - port status missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chris.at

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I replaced an old AC68U media bridge with a fresh AX86U on latest merlin firmware (factory resettet) and there is no port status displayed (it was on the AC68U). Could this be a bug, or am I missing something?

Greetings,
chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-08-16-31-34-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-08-16-31-34-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 40
Have you tried on Asus firmware? There is no advantage in using Merlin firmware on other than a router. Well, maybe newer drivers but there are some that have mentioned that the newer WIFI drivers on Merlin do not work as well as the older ones on Asus firmware.

Honestly no, I run all my Asus devices on merlin. It's easier to maintain the firmwares for me. Everything fine so far besides the missing port status.

Honestly no, I run all my Asus devices on merlin. It's easier to maintain the firmwares for me. Everything fine so far besides the missing port status.
If your main router is Asus then switch the media bridge to AiMesh then you can get the port status in the router AiMesh area.

Thank you, all Asus AX here but I don't want to use AiMesh for reasons. As in router mode the port status is there I'd assume something is wrong with media bridge mode landing page. But I can't debug it so I was thinking if someone can confirm that. It's not a big thing at all but maybe could be fixed easily? :)

I played a little bit with chrome tools and found that "/ajax_ethernet_ports.asp" reads the ports on the status page. When I call it manually on the media bridge I get:
Code:
get_wan_lan_status = { "portSpeed": { "WAN 0": "X", "LAN 1": "X", "LAN 2": "M", "LAN 3": "M", "LAN 4": "M", "LAN 5": "Q" }, "portCount": { "wanCount": 1, "lanCount": 5 } };

And it translates to:
Code:
var speedMapping = {
't': '10 Mbps',
'M': '100 Mbps',
'G': '1 Gbps',
'Q': '2.5 Gbps',
'F': '5 Gbps',
'T': '10 Gbps',
'X': 'Unplugged'
};
which is correct.

So the status can be read but the part which displays it is missing. But no idea why...

Edit:
This is also called regularly besides cpu stats and others:
Code:
http://192.168.1.3/get_port_status.cgi?node_mac=7C:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Same on the one working in router mode.

Last edited:
In your chrome tools change the applicable CSS "display:" value (am thinking it's "none" for some reason) and see if that doesn't show it.

Thank you, will try to find it in Chromes developer tools. But obviously it sounds like a bug, right? No filter tools or anything installed in Chrome, same behavior in Firefox also.

Update: Reflashed it today to latest Asus firmware followed by a factory reset. Configured it as media bridge and port status is still missing. Used the feedback form inside AsusWRT to report it to Asus...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!