What's new

[ 3004.388.7 alpha 2 Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT-AX11000, dirty update. RT-AX58U (currently not available)

Remounted after updating Entware got a bit wonky again with corruption to the ext4 journalling, was causing visual overlapping to the web UI page each time addon was detected and even after clearing browser cache. The entware packages actually installed to the drive needed reinstalling. So formatted the drive and it seems snappier so probably was needed.

You will have to ask whoever developed this, I have no idea what their code is doing. I see references to JFFS, so I suspect they may be accessing data not intended for public access. They will have to adjust their code if the internal data changed.
Its add in modules for Home Assistant. The module ASUSWRT works fine, but the HACS module AsusRouter is not working with Alpha 2, but it works with Alpha 1

On a lighter note:
Screenshot_2024-04-16-14-27-00-45_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-16-14-27-32-31_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Still rock solid. Need I say any more?

You will have to ask whoever developed this, I have no idea what their code is doing. I see references to JFFS, so I suspect they may be accessing data not intended for public access. They will have to adjust their code if the internal data changed.
I believe he is using some type of api wrapper with a python library. It required python 3.11 or 3.12. Were there any changes in Alpha 2 that would block it now?

You can read more at https://asusrouter.vaskivskyi.com/

There are two Asus integrations available for home assistant, but I believe this specific one is using ssh or telnet to communicate. The other can use http/https, but is not nearly as functional as this one.

I use its functionality for all kinds of stuff, including:
Presence sensor
Uptime
Traffic monitoring
Device connectivity
and more

Based on that info, was there something changed that might have changed its ability to connect?

Codes at https://github.com/Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter

Thanks again for all your hard work!

I believe he is using some type of api wrapper with a python library. It required python 3.11 or 3.12. Were there any changes in Alpha 2 that would block it now?
The firmware does not include python.

I use its functionality for all kinds of stuff, including:
Presence sensor
Uptime
Traffic monitoring
Device connectivity
and more
That`s what I'm referring to. If his script retrieves system information through the httpd interface, things may change at any time as this is not a public API, and he`ll have to update his code to match any change I might do with the backend. Some changes were recently made done to handle the memory report handling and other system information used by the webui.

It`s that developer's responsibility to keep things up to date, and chances are he won't do it until the firmware has reached a more stable state. Alpha builds can change at any time.

The firmware does not include python.

That`s what I'm referring to. If his script retrieves system information through the httpd interface, things may change at any time as this is not a public API, and he`ll have to update his code to match any change I might do with the backend. Some changes were recently made done to handle the memory report handling and other system information used by the webui.

It`s that developer's responsibility to keep things up to date, and chances are he won't do it until the firmware has reached a more stable state. Alpha builds can change at any time.

I'm sure the dev will get it updated. The backend of home assistant runs on python3, so plenty of extensions are written in it. Mostly App Daemon for the more comprehensive stuff, and pyscripts are super easy used for simple api communication and platforms. It's crazy how much stuff it can integrate with.

Those are alpha builds, they are not releases. Whichever images available will be whichever actually compiles at the time I am doing compile tests.

If you have "lots of ax58u deployed", these probably shouldn't be running untested alpha builds.
Thank you very much for the answer.

There was a big sale here for the ax58u once, and I bought a bunch for friends and relatives. I do not use Merlin for business.

I would never run alpha or even beta FW on devices other then my own, and when it comes to this FW in particular, I only run them to help with the testing.

In fact, (if it is not about some high rated CVE) I usually like to run the stable versions for a few days on the test units before I deploy them live, because remote troubleshooting is not fun.

I was just curious, thanks again for the answer.

So, did a dirty upgrade to alpha 2. The airmesh node got really wonky after, resulting in the AC 5300 trying to run everything on 2.4G? Only way to fix it was to remove the node, reset it completely, and reinstall the node. That was a pain, but things seem back to normal.
I don't know what might have caused this, but the complete wps/power reset of the node, then reinstall, did the trick?
The 16000 did not require anything more after the initial update to the new alpha. Otherwise, smooth sailing...

Hello,

Reporting a "bug" (or at least assumed to be one): My network printer connected to Wifi is not reachable by my other devices on the same network when I activate the Guest network. My printer model is a Brother HL-L3210CW, that can only be connected to the network via Wifi, 2.4 GHz only.

I had the bug also with the latest stable version, and a forumer on this topic advised me to upgrade to the latest alpha2. Yet, I'm still having the "bug".
The bug manifests itself as either an unreachable printer or important packet losses (via ping - loss up to 75%) from either my PC connected to my router in Ethernet or my Android smartphone connected via whichever of the non-Guest Wifi. The Wifi covers very well my small flat.

I'm 100% certain that all my devices are connected to the non-Guest network. The printer displays itself as connected, and has its predicted local IP on the network.

From the looks of it, it seems that the Guest network is somewhat "disrupting" the Wifi to the printer. For some reason, only the printer is affected (I also have Tuya plugs and a Tapo cam which work fine).
Disabling the Guest network solves the issue at 100%.

Should I activate or not the 5 GHz Guest network too, the problem remains (I do not need the 5 GHz guest network at all). Tried to force the bandwidth to some values (20MHz for 2.4 GHz and 80MHz for 5 GHz), didn't change anything.

Can you please look into this if it is possible?
Thanks!

@Stonehym
Please add a signature with your router model and your setup. You should especially provide more information about your wlan settings settings. Some screenshots would be helpful.

My printer model is a Brother HL-L3210CW
FWIW, my Brother printer will sometimes lose the connection until the router is rebooted. Maybe nothing to do with the alpha.

Reactions: ika
Maybe nothing to do with the alpha.
Yea, I also had this a long time ago. There were some discussion about it on the forum too. A static arp set in the router for the printer might help.

Yea, I also had this a long time ago. There were some discussion about it on the forum too. A static arp set in the router for the printer might help.
Don't even need a static arp..... Just set the printer up with a static IP (or preferably a DHCP-reserved IP). That way the printer won't wonder thus messing up windows.

Evening,
Odd one here (with a possible odd setup).
I have sky Q TV, with sky mini boxes, I connect to the sky mini boxes over cat5 BUT they go through network over mains/electric. I know these can be a bit ropey but they have worked fine up to Alpha 1.
Upgraded to Alpha 2 and all of a sudden every few minutes the stream stutters and pauses, tried rebooting the plugs, the boxes and the router but same issue.

Downgraded back to Alpha 1 and working fine again.

Anyone else using Sky Q mini boxes over Ethernet via mains power working ok on Alpha 2?

RT-AX88U

Evening,
Odd one here (with a possible odd setup).
I have sky Q TV, with sky mini boxes, I connect to the sky mini boxes over cat5 BUT they go through network over mains/electric. I know these can be a bit ropey but they have worked fine up to Alpha 1.
Upgraded to Alpha 2 and all of a sudden every few minutes the stream stutters and pauses, tried rebooting the plugs, the boxes and the router but same issue.

Downgraded back to Alpha 1 and working fine again.

Anyone else using Sky Q mini boxes over Ethernet via mains power working ok on Alpha 2?

RT-AX88U
My ring alarm has also had several disconnect with Alpha 2 but was fine with Alpha 1. Something not as right with the newer alpha but cannot put my finger on it.

Don't even need a static arp..... Just set the printer up with a static IP (or preferably a DHCP-reserved IP). That way the printer won't wonder thus messing up windows.
Yes, perhaps.
I don't know if that was already tested or not (My Brother printer had a static IP set already, and still did not work without it after waking up from sleep).
I hope the issue gets resolved.

can anyone confirm if asus ddns working? i lost ddns update after alpha2 update. router is 86u_pro.

1713603622575.png

the only message related to DDNS in system log.

Apr 20 16:59:51 ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM updatev2@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Apr 20 16:59:51 ddns: Clear ddns cache.

had done multiple reboot.

Hi,

I tried OpenVPN and portforwarding. My ports get open. However I dont seem to be able to do it with Wireguard. Is there a limitation?

My ring alarm has also had several disconnect with Alpha 2 but was fine with Alpha 1. Something not as right with the newer alpha but cannot put my finger on it.
Is that a wired connection or wireless?
My wireless/wifi is currently bullet proof and was fine on Alpha 2 only seemed to be stuff connected via a wire through the plug in connectors that stuttered (not even disconnected) like it's using QOS internally or something now.

Just updated to Alpha 2. USB disk won't boot, it's been so many versions back.
Great to see Curl collisions are resolved. Works great in my programs.

Thank you for new program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!