What's new

380.58 RT-N66U Repeater 2.4Ghz Drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddie802

New Around Here
I have a RT-N66U configured as a repeater using the 5Ghz band to connect to the main router. I am having issues with devices connected to the 2.4Ghz band on the repeater. It will work for a day and then the clients lose connectivity to the repeater. I have to power cycle the RT-N66U in order for them to reconnect again. As a matter of fact the clients need to reenter their wpa2 credentials in order to get a connection. Is this a known issue or should I use the 2.4Ghz to connect to the main router and disable the 5Ghz band entirely?

Which 5GHz range? The upper channel Nos in the "DFS range" definitely do disappear randomly, I believe due to regulatory compliance I used to get messages in the log about "radar detection". You could try John's fork which uses older drivers which do not even have the option of these channels!

I have everything set to auto. It is the 2.4GHz band that is disappearing, the 5GHz band continues to work. Where is John's fork?

Set your 2.4 GHz to channel 1,6 or 11 and at 20 mhz.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk