What's new

384.3 AC3200 - No Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

if u connected any usb device, try unplug it then reboot ur router, finally just plug it in. u won't meet the problem anymore.

Got It!

cleared nvram via ssh
flashed 384.3 waited 10 minutes after firmware patch said complete before rebooting router
upon loading the cpu was going crazy and wifi was not functioning..
edited all settings (none took; things like ip address change said in gui it was changed but no changes occurred.)
after all settings were input I attempted a reboot using gui..
nothing happened.
I did a hardware reboot waiting 30 seconds powered down.
upon power up the ip address had changed and all the settings I had committed prior to reboot seems to have stuck.
CPU cores are stable

One thing to note. when powering up a red led (I think its the WAN led) seems to come on for a length of time now.. It didnt do this previously

Last edited:
Never really check but it spikes when i log in and around 2 -4 % once it settles down . never seen it at 100^% for more than a second

I am running 384.3 on my ac3200. Everything is stable. Except the smart connect which denies to randomly give access to devices when far from router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had some weird WiFi issues on 384.3 and the 384.4 builds on my ac3200. I initially flashed 384.3 without resetting to factory defaults with no issues. When I flashed to 384.4 alpha 2 I decided to reset to factory and decided to enable smart connect and then started to have a lot of clients unable to connect and some clients randomly disconnecting. I then switched off smart connect and found that whatever I did I could not get the 2.4 radio to broadcast it did not appear on any clients even when running it in open mode and disabling the 5Ghz radios. I then flashed back to 384.3 and reset, same issue. As soon as I restored my previous config (pre 384.3) everything started working again (no smart connect, but all radios on the same ssid). Is there possibly something wrong with the NVRAM defaults on the 384 builds affecting the ac3200?

When experiencing odd Wifi issues (especially missing SSID broadcast), doing an actual power cycle is a good idea, in case the electronics is just in need of a complete reset.

When experiencing odd Wifi issues (especially missing SSID broadcast), doing an actual power cycle is a good idea, in case the electronics is just in need of a complete reset.

Thanks for the heads up, when I next get the house to myself (no kids moaning about the internet being down :) ) i’ll try flasing 384.4 with a factory reset and power cycling

advice: take your time.. alot of the issues I encountered I believe was do to rushing. for whatever reason this new firmware needs extra time at every step.. double the time you wait for everything.. firmware reboot settings reboot..