What's new

[3004.388.5] No internet access for WIFI networks after some time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SR-G

Occasional Visitor
So i have a GT-AX6000.
At first with 3004.388.4 since months, and everything was working fine.
A few weeks ago, i updated it with 3004.388.5.
Then i started to encounter these symptoms on all my wireless devices (android tablets, amazon echo show, amazon echo gen 1, ...) :
- no more internet access for devices connected through wireless (both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ) (amazon echo saying that no internet access are ok, android tablets being wireless connected but without internet access, and so on)
- but wired devices (RJ45) were still having full internet access and were working fine

After a router reboot, everything was of course working fine again.

I encountered this once per week during the two first weeks, then it started to happen ... like once per day (at random time).

In the end, a couple of days ago (27th), i reverted the firmware to 3004.388.4, and now everything seems stable again (but only since 4-5 days now).

In the logs, i found (after increasing the size of the logs) nothing at all :
- even when the issue was happening, i was surprisingly still seeing some association / disassociation of a few SHELLY devices (the ones powered through batteries, and only reporting informations from time to time)
- at first i saw many errors happening at regular basis and that were (per information found on this forum) related to "ASUSNAT" - so, thinking it may be the culprit, i disabled the corresponding option under Tools > Other settings - but it was not related to this problem in the end, and the problem has still been happening with ASUSNAT disabled
- other than that, nothing special in the logs at any time

For ex. here, i have the problem around 12:20 and i rebooted at 12:25) (for ex., "C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC" is a Shelly humidity and temperature sensor) :

Dec 27 12:20:12 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(662): eth6: Disassoc C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:20:12 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 27859 Comm: dcd Tainted: P O 4.19.183 #1
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: Hardware name: GTAX6000_50991 (DT)
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: pstate: 200f0010 (nzCv q A32 LE aif)
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: pc : 00000000f79539d8
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: lr : 0000000080808080
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: sp : 00000000ffeab0f0
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x12: 0000000000000000
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x11: 0000000000000000 x10: 000000000007e66c
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x9 : 00000000f67fd008 x8 : 00000000000a387e
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x7 : 0000000000000010 x6 : 0000000000000000
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x5 : 00000000000a3884 x4 : 00000000fefefeff
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x3 : 0000000000000000 x2 : 0000000000000000
Dec 27 12:22:35 kernel: x1 : 0000000000000107 x0 : 0000000000000000
Dec 27 12:22:57 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC, status: Successful (0), rssi:-58
Dec 27 12:22:57 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC, status: Successful (0), rssi:-58
Dec 27 12:23:12 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(662): eth6: Disassoc C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:23:12 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:24:34 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth 90:78:B2:58:8F:BF, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:24:34 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc 90:78:B2:58:8F:BF, status: Successful (0), rssi:-70
Dec 27 12:25:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:25:11 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: Successful (0), rssi:-57
Dec 27 12:25:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(662): eth6: Disassoc C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0
Dec 27 12:25:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind C0:49:EF:8E:35:1C, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
May 5 07:05:16 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1 (2023-08-21 15:34:18 EDT)

Extra notes :
- "Smart Connect" has never been activated on my side
- on top of Asus Merlin, i only have Diversion + amtm installed, with Pixelserv-tls activated, and nothing else

So now i don't know what to do :
- try again 388.5
- stick on 388.4 until 388.6 is out, in the hope that the problem won't happen again
- stick on 388.4 forevever
- try 388.5 / .6 with a full reset of the router and reconfigure everything manually <-- i'm definitely NOT willing to do that, as it's A LOT of work / as a lot of time is needed to reconfigure everything and as there is 0 guarantee that it will solve the issue anyway

Any ideas ? Anyone had the same issue and has found the culprit ?

Last edited:
Can the Android tablet reach the router when this happens?

No issues with my Android tablet, phone, iPhone, Windows laptops or desktops, or any client WIFI or Ethernet. I use the WiFi defaults except enabling DFS channels. No problems with Asus or Merlin firmware.
If you are using WPA3-PERSONAL go back to just WPA2-Personal or set up a Guest WIFI with just WPA2-Personal for the wonky clients.

So i have a GT-AX6000.
Then i started to encounter these symptoms on all my wireless devices (android tablets, amazon echo show, amazon echo gen 1, ...) :
- no more internet access for devices connected through wireless (both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ) (amazon echo saying that no internet access are ok, android tablets being wireless connected but without internet access, and so on)
- but wired devices (RJ45) were still having full internet access and were working fine

I encountered this once per week during the two first weeks, then it started to happen ... like once per day (at random time).

In the end, a couple of days ago (27th), i reverted the firmware to 3004.388.4, and now everything seems stable again (but only since 4-5 days now).

- even when the issue was happening, i was surprisingly still seeing some association / disassociation of a few SHELLY devices (the ones powered through batteries, and only reporting informations from time to time)
- at first i saw many errors happening at regular basis and that were (per information found on this forum) related to "ASUSNAT" - so, thinking it may be the culprit, i disabled the corresponding option under Tools > Other settings - but it was not related to this problem in the end, and the problem has still been happening with ASUSNAT disabled

For ex. here, i have the problem around 12:20 and i rebooted at 12:25) (for ex., "C0:49:EF:8E:26:CC" is a Shelly humidity and temperature sensor) :

Extra notes :
- on top of Asus Merlin, i only have Diversion + amtm installed, with Pixelserv-tls activated, and nothing else

- try again 388.5
- stick on 388.4 until 388.6 is out, in the hope that the problem won't happen again
- try 388.5 / .6 with a full reset of the router and reconfigure everything manually <-- i'm definitely NOT willing to do that, as it's A LOT of work / as a lot of time is needed to reconfigure everything and as there is 0 guarantee that it will solve the issue anyway

There is now the new Diversion v 5.
Does away with Pixelserv & other redundant stuff.
Maybe give it a try & see how you go?

Regarding WPA : i was already with WPA2 and not with WPA3
Regarding Diversion : i was not aware, but i'll update it anyway, yes, thanks for the information.

I have the exact same problem on my RT-AX86U Pro running 3004.388.5. All my wireless devices lose internet connection while maintaining an actual wireless connection to the router. A reboot of the router via the GUI does not fix this and a full power cycle is needed to resolve the problem. I'm fairly sure I had this issue on 3004.388.4 too but perhaps less frequently which is why I upgraded but I'll downgrade and see how it goes. I'll also upgrade Diversion to version 5. It would be good to find out what the root cause of this is and if there's a fix or workaround.

Last edited:
Clearly on my side, i never had the issue with 3004.388.4 (but of course YMMV).

Also : i never tryed a soft reboot, i'm indeed also doing a full power cycle at router level each time it was happening on my side with 3004.388.5.

I upgraded flawlessly Diversion to v5, but as i'm still on 388.4 for now, i can't say anything about this.

I've just upgraded Diversion to v5 but left the router on 388.5 for now. Hopefully that will help us identify if it relates to one or the other.

So i have a GT-AX6000.

Extra notes :

- try again 388.5

Hello,
I have an asus RT-AX86s router, I have the same problems, restarting didn't help at all. I reset and configured again, unfortunately without success. I rolled back to version 388.4 and it works.

Hi
I have RT-AX88U-Pro and 388.5 firmware.
1. I cant use guest network.
I cant see the guest SSID only I see my standard SSID.
Is this firmware problem or my router?
2. problem with login to the router by telnet.
Cannt login from windows tablet and my Phone (Android).
Webui work but telnet (ssh) dont.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104_175602_Firefox Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_175602_Firefox Beta.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Without more information its hard to know.
What are the Wireless settings, including Professional Wireless settings on the router (blanking out the passwords)?
Is Smart Connect enabled?
Are the Guest SSID's different than the main WiFi SSID's?
Have you tried a Guest Network SSID other than "guest"?
Have you rebooted the router?
Have you rebooted the WiFi clients?
Are you running any other add-on scripts, if so what are they?
Does the problem for Guest networks persist if you use Guest Network #2 or #3 rather than Guest Network #1?
Asus firmware treats Guest Network #1 slightly differently apparently (for AiMesh if I remember right).
As a last resort, have you tried a hard factory reset and basic manual configuration (no importing of saved router CFG file)?
What other troubleshooting steps have you tried/done?

Hi
I have RT-AX88U-Pro and 388.5 firmware.
1. I cant use guest network.
I cant see the guest SSID only I see my standard SSID.
2. problem with login to the router by telnet.
Cannt login from windows tablet and my Phone (Android).
Webui work but telnet (ssh) dont.
Hard reset with the WPS button method, then setup manually.

Without more information its hard to know.
What are the Wireless settings, including Professional Wireless settings on the router (blanking out the passwords)?

1000057782.jpg
1000057781.jpg

Is Smart Connect enabled?
Yes
Are the Guest SSID's different than the main WiFi SSID's?
Yes
Have you tried a Guest Network SSID other than "guest"?
Yes
Have you rebooted the router?
Yes
Have you rebooted the WiFi clients?
Yes
Are you running any other add-on scripts, if so what are they?
No, Cannt connect by telnet (ssh) to the router.
Does the problem for Guest networks persist if you use Guest Network #2 or #3 rather than Guest Network #1?
Yes
Asus firmware treats Guest Network #1 slightly differently apparently (for AiMesh if I remember right).
As a last resort, have you tried a hard factory reset and basic manual configuration (no importing of saved router CFG file)?
No, i have a lot of MAC addreses in "Wireless MAC Filter"
What other troubleshooting steps have you tried/done?
I changed password, SSID name, "Authentication Method"

No, Cannt connect by telnet (ssh) to the router.

No, i have a lot of MAC addreses in "Wireless MAC Filter"
If you don't have the option to enable Telnet within the router GUI on the Administration page then you may have to use SSH instead to access the router.
[Wireless Router] How to log in ASUS router via Telnet
Apparently the Asus-Merlin firmware had the Telnet server option for console based management removed years ago in 384.4 (16-Mar-2018).
384.4 (16-Mar-2018)
- REMOVED: Telnet server. Please use SSH for console-based
management.
What is the MAC Filter Mode set to for those clients in the Wireless MAC Filter section? If set to "Reject" then the router will not let those Wireless Clients who's MAC address match, connect to the WiFi. Do you experience the same issues for any WiFi client NOT listed in the Wireless MAC Filter section?

Last edited:
Hi
I tried to connect using putty ssh on windows and using "mobile ssh" on Android with no success.

Mac filtr Mode i have "accept"

My Phone and tablet work correct but cannt see guest SSID and cannt login by ssh clients to the router.

I tried to connect using putty ssh on windows and using "mobile ssh" on Android with no success.
To confirm, you have SSH enabled on the GUI's Administration > System page? Example:
SSH_System.jpg

And you are using the router login information (user name and password) as the SSH user name and password? Note if connecting through the Guest Network WiFi and you have Access Intranet disabled then the Guest Network clients won't be able to access the router using SSH.

Many of us use various apps on both Windows and Android to access our Asus routers using SSH. For example I've used JuiceSSH on Android to access a Asus router, and routinely use Putty to access several Asus routers via SSH.

If nothing seems to work then perhaps a hard factory reset and basic manual reconfiguration (do not import a saved router CFG file) should be done. Sometimes a hard factory reset can fix certain weird issues or problems. Do a basic configuration, just enough to get the router online. Then enable Guest Network and see if the issue you are experiencing persists. Same with enabling SSH.

I tried different settings. I am trying various modifications before hard reset.

Thanks for your time and sugestions but the problem solved after upgrade firmware to 388.6 beta1. I have no idea what happend but now guest network work and I can login to router with ssh

Last edited:
For getting the Guest Network to start working correctly I believe you need to set up Access Intranet to Enabled. That’s how mine is setup or it won’t work for me.

When I had Access Intranet set to disabled it would cut off my Guest Network. I read in some really old SNBForum post a while ago other people were having this issue as well. The posts also mentioned not using Guest Network #1 because the way Asus set it up it was designed for a mesh network. I would try another Guest Network and Allow Intranet Enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!