What's new

384.3 AC3200 - No Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dave K

Occasional Visitor
Flashed 384.3 -- Wifi not broadcasting. -- verified with inssider on laptop and iphone
-- Wired internet and core functions seem ok
-- nothing indicating problem in gui
-- CPU 1 and 2 are spiking alternately 0% - 100%
-- running smart connect

flashed back to 380.69 -- everything ok

Last edited:
After updating to 384.3, did you restore to factory default?

my bad I was tired when I posted I will fix the format
No worries.

I remember when I went from Asuswrt 380 to 382, I had some weirdness going on with my wireless settings. I ended up resetting to factory default a couple of times and that sorted things out. Think I used the reset button once.

shoot. I didnt default.. didnt wanna redo all my routes etc. I suppose I can try that later.
That’s most likely the issue. At least you’re up and running now.

Keep us updated!

I got another weird one.. I flashed back to 380.69.... I know I did. however in fw version it presently says 384.3

I got another weird one.. I flashed back to 380.69.... I know I did. however in fw version it presently says 384.3

That’s weird. Definitely points to needing a reset.

evidently there is taint on my kernel haha
Feb 13 16:00:12 kernel: ctf: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
Feb 13 16:00:12 kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

seems to be broken again I tried factory default from the gui.. no luck.. guess I will use the asus tool

https://imgur.com/a/S1L4B
OoeSs

yeah I noticed.. I think now my biggest concern is the CPU going crazy

and my Wifi is down again.. hmm.

so no matter what I tried.. the router never went complete factory default.. always saved my username password ssids etc even the LAN ip subnet I use.. but I flashed back to asus stock.. and cpu issues are gone and wireless is stable for now..

https://imgur.com/a/6aHXJ

evidently there is taint on my kernel haha
Feb 13 16:00:12 kernel: ctf: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
Feb 13 16:00:12 kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

No, this is perfectly normal.

sorry RMerlin I was being immature..

any thoughts on the above issue? 382 Asus release is stable on the AC3200 but there seems to be a few issues on the Merlin 384.3 release.. let me know if you would like me to try it again and dump the log. from my syslog server.

No, and I can't think of any reason either, since the wireless code is identical to Asus's.

Inability to flash back to 380.69 is normal, as noted in the release notes - the CFE upgrade prevents downgrading that model to any 380.xx release.

No, and I can't think of any reason either, since the wireless code is identical to Asus's.

Inability to flash back to 380.69 is normal, as noted in the release notes - the CFE upgrade prevents downgrading that model to any 380.xx release.

Tried flashing 384.4 getting a red light and reboot into asus firmware..

just tried flashing from recovery and its not loading.. :) I may have to give up..