What's new

386.1 LAN->DNS Filter does not work on Guest 1 network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rx2

Occasional Visitor
I installed 386.1 today performing a hard reset on the device.

I setup the Lan->DNS Filter service, however it doesn't seem to be effective or work on Guest Network 1. It works on Guest Network 2 and 3, and primary networks.

Is this a bug or a feature? I note that Guest Network 1 has a different subnet as well, and wondering if this may be related.

I installed 386.1 today performing a hard reset on the device.

I setup the Lan->DNS Filter service, however it doesn't seem to be effective or work on Guest Network 1. It works on Guest Network 2 and 3, and primary networks.

Is this a bug or a feature? I note that Guest Network 1 has a different subnet as well, and wondering if this may be related.
If lan access is disabled 386 creates a new bridge and vlan for guest 1 which uses a different subnet. DNSfilter only considers the primary subnet as the source. @RMerlin will need to fix this. Or use YazFi (develop branch for 386)

If lan access is disabled 386 creates a new bridge and vlan for guest 1 which uses a different subnet. DNSfilter only considers the primary subnet as the source. @RMerlin will need to fix this. Or use YazFi (develop branch for 386)
I have observed using guest1 uses a different subnet and intranet disabled with dnsfilter to router but I've seen LAN from guest1 still passes through diversion, ads are still being blocked. What can you make out of this?

Guest Networking code is currently a mess that's frequently changing. I'm waiting for Asus to stabilize it before I even start looking into it. Just use Guest Network 2 for now.

I have observed using guest1 uses a different subnet and intranet disabled with dnsfilter to router but I've seen LAN from guest1 still passes through diversion, ads are still being blocked. What can you make out of this?

To add to the confusion, on my RT-AC68U, it *always* uses the same subnet, irrespective of the intranet access setting or which Guest is enabled (at least using 384.19, can't speak to 386.1 as yet). This whole topic of when and if the same or different subnet is used is so inconsistent, it makes it hard to make recommendations regarding anything involving the Guest networks. Personally, I wish every Guest network always used its own subnet, then used iptables to manage if intranet access was allowed or deny. Simple.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!