What's new

386.5 Alpha1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anyone loaded this to an AC-88u? I've tried two times but router booted up with 386.4 and there were no errors etc.

After all the warm recommendations here to upgrade to Alpha version which I have promised to myself in order to avoid bugs, I just upgraded to an Alpha version for the first time after I stopped it because of Asus made me a QA tester about 1 year ago.
AX88u - 2 PCs (Router and a Node)
Never thought a dirty upgrade would be so fast and further more- seamless.
I came with fear because of past experience.

Running now for 20m and 21 clients connected like a charm (did 1 reboot right after the upgrade, would do another one now)
Hope that the new WIFI drivers would assist few IOT devices I got disconnecting and re-connecting.
My huge thanks to @RMerlin for his terrific work, definitely worth the donation I did not so much while ago.

it is 14 hours up, seamless as not was for last few momths.
Even Mesh node got better link

1645192698007.png

Looks like Alpha2 may be brewing over the weekend :D - must say this 386.5 is a cracker [as in best ever].
Has already benefitted from 75+ commits from the Maestro on top of a bunch of stock fixes in the GPL.
Hopefully Merlin can catch some chill time after the release version is out {ThumbsUp}.

Looks like Alpha2 may be brewing over the weekend :D - must say this 386.5 is a cracker [as in best ever].
Has already benefitted from 75+ commits from the Maestro on top of a bunch of stock fixes in the GPL.
Hopefully Merlin can catch some chill time after the release version is out {ThumbsUp}.
Really? Has he finally received a new GPL for the RT-AC86U? If so, that is great news, but it seems unlikely, as we still haven't seen Asus drop a new factory compiled firmware for this model in about 3 months.

Do you have link that lists all the 75 commits? Fun to read :)

I see Alpha 2 on the drive....

Alpha 2 is available for AC86U now.

- NEW: Added support for the RT-AC68U V4.
- NEW: Added support for the GT-AXE11000.
- NEW: Added config option for the Boost key on GT models. The option can be found on the Administration -> System page.
- NEW: Basic IPv6 support for TQoS (Kevin Bracey)
- CHANGED: Improved accuracy of overhead parameters in Traditional QoS (Kevin Bracey)
- CHANGED: Report download stats for TQoS (Kevin Bracey)
- FIXED: Various TQoS issues (Kevin Bracey)
- FIXED: Earlier syslog content was missing on RT-AX86U and RT-AX68U after a reboot.
- FIXED: WAN monitoring could fail if using IPv6 and DNS Rebind protection was enabled.
- FIXED: RT-AX86U syslog could be truncated after a reboot.

- NEW: Added config option for the Boost key on GT models. The option can be found on the Administration -> System page.
- CHANGED: Improved accuracy of overhead parameters in Traditional QoS (Kevin Bracey)
- FIXED: Earlier syslog content was missing on RT-AX86U and RT-AX68U after a reboot.
- FIXED: WAN monitoring could fail if using IPv6 and DNS Rebind protection was enabled.
Just did dirty update of my AC86U. Went smoothly and all seems to be working well.

What about GT-AX11000?

Coming soon?

I forgot (again) to remove usb drive before doing a dirty upgrade, and all seems to be doing well.
All devices are reconnected and stable after single reboot.
Pleased to join the latest Alpha Group :cool:

Just updated my three routers and working fine after a couple of minutes.
Thank you RMerlin!

Filthy upgrade on my APs. No issues early on. Have done a second round of reboots after about 30 mins. Nest/IOT/TP-Link devices looking good, steady and all re-connected fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!