What's new

[386.7 Beta2] Cannot set DHCP IPv6 DNS Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtp10181

RT-AX68U
I have an IPv6 DNS server kludged in using a postconf script. I disabled that so it would not cause a conflict. Tried setting on the DHCP page and no luck. When I hit save it just blanks that out and does not set it in dnsmasq.conf

Is there any trick to getting this to work? Also why only one spot instead of 2 like the v4 DNS?

RT-AX68U
I have an IPv6 DNS server kludged in using a postconf script. I disabled that so it would not cause a conflict. Tried setting on the DHCP page and no luck. When I hit save it just blanks that out and does not set it in dnsmasq.conf

Is there any trick to getting this to work? Also why only one spot instead of 2 like the v4 DNS?
Can you remove BETA tag as you don't release anything and beta questions goes in beta thread.

Last edited:
RT-AX68U

I agree with@octopus comment.
However, I would be willing to still answer your questions here and now provided you share what your personal "scripts" look like. I would be glad to try to troubleshoot and replicate your conditions where I could hopefully give you a helpfull response.

Also if you can please provide screen shots highlighting what you are talking about. this can be used to illustrate what you mean specifically inside /etc/dnsmasq.conf is causing your concern.

Last edited:
My script is not relevant, as I disabled it to test this new feature.

I am not able to save anything in this box. When I press save it very quickly refreshes and the box is blank again.
I have tried two different properly formatted ipv6 addresses.

1655682846825.png

My script is not relevant, as I disabled it to test this new feature.

I am not able to save anything in this box. When I press save it very quickly refreshes and the box is blank again.
I have tried two different properly formatted ipv6 addresses.

View attachment 41979
What addresses are you typing in? because if you are using ipv4 mapped to ipv6, the webui might not support that formatting. That would be an issue on implementation of asus part.

because if you are using ipv4 mapped to ipv6, the webui might not support that formatting
This was my first assumption, which is what I tried, and when it did not work I have tried other IPv6 address and nothing will save. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Have tried this (Xs for my prefix)
Code:
::ffff:192.168.26
XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:a00:27ff:feed:95
XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX::1

It also is doing some validation and throwing an error if it is not valid. But with valid IP's it is just trashing them and not saving.
1655683705630.png

Attachments

• 1655683499897.png
    1655683499897.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 85
Already discussed in the beta thread.

Thanks, too much in that post to read through all that. Should be listed in the known issues. I also do not get that error anywhere (checked logs also). Not sure if something with Scribe is tossing it but I have looked through all the logs and cannot see that error the other user pointed out getting logged.

So basically, that new feature is totally useless at this point. I guess ASUS does not even test their own work.
My postconf script can keep working for now.

Thanks, too much in that post to read through all that. Should be listed in the known issues. I also do not get that error anywhere (checked logs also). Not sure if something with Scribe is tossing it but I have looked through all the logs and cannot see that error the other user pointed out getting logged.

So basically, that new feature is totally useless at this point. I guess ASUS does not even test their own work.
My postconf script can keep working for now.
@dave14305 wont confess to it, but he has a sixth sense for finding things. A lot of users, including I, appreciate him for his uncanny expert analytic abilities and astonishing vernacular.

It's very hard to read new firmware threads. It would be nice to have up to date list of discovered issues on the first page.

If you won't mind, wireless console debugging is also enabled in RT-AX88U.
Will most likely have to wait for the next major release, unless I can mix the previous release blobs with the current GPL. I was able to obtain updated blobs for the SDK 5.02L07 models models because they had critical issues also requiring a rebuild of the GPLs, so I got them at the same time.

Will most likely have to wait for the next major release, unless I can mix the previous release blobs with the current GPL. I was able to obtain updated blobs for the SDK 5.02L07 models models because they had critical issues also requiring a rebuild of the GPLs, so I got them at the same time.
I think I can wait for the next updated blobs as it really does not affect the router's performance but just the annoying logs, just as long as ASUS is aware for next time.

I think I can wait for the next updated blobs as it really does not affect the router's performance but just the annoying logs, just as long as ASUS is aware for next time.
this would have been the thread you would have wanted

I see zero dhd debug logging on my RT-AX88U...

Code:
admin@stargate88ax:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log | grep CONSOLE
admin@stargate88ax:/tmp/home/root#

I see zero dhd debug logging on my RT-AX88U...

Code:
admin@stargate88ax:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log | grep CONSOLE
admin@stargate88ax:/tmp/home/root#
agreed,

Code:
admin@RT-AX88U-C7C0:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log | grep CONSOLE
admin@RT-AX88U-C7C0:/tmp/home/root#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!