What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started using ab-solution and pixleserv. I noticed I am getting certificate warnings when using some ms programs (like quick assist). It looks like the cert is being generated by pixelserv, and installing the certs doesn't seem to make the warnings go away. If I whitelist these 3 domains it does:
web.vortex.data.microsoft.com, c1.microsoft.com, c.bing.com
Is this the right way to handle it, or is there a better method?

I recently started using ab-solution and pixleserv. I noticed I am getting certificate warnings when using some ms programs (like quick assist). It looks like the cert is being generated by pixelserv, and installing the certs doesn't seem to make the warnings go away. If I whitelist these 3 domains it does:
web.vortex.data.microsoft.com, c1.microsoft.com, c.bing.com
Is this the right way to handle it, or is there a better method?
Unless you can make a certificate exception in the program then your way is the best way.

Danke für die Rückmeldung!
picload.org? Die Werbung von wird "r.ligatus.com" gesendet, die doch bereits geblacklistet ist und trotzdem wird die Reklame geladen. Wenn ich draufklicke wird nur eine blanke Seite geöffnet.
(Thanks for the feedback!
picload.org? The advertisement is sent "r.ligatus.com", which is already painted and still the advertisement is loaded. If I click on it will only open a blank page.)
Code:
http://r.ligatus.com/?z=1VuRLfl2QKpRl40wPsDeW2v98N8yGV7TZH80XkIzDx1_dbZfze0BeGICBt_H5D9VNp7lmsX-K-QcDjpj8hd4-8uvr8LDlI2CK5NYzJ8HZHXbB6bYjASYds3B56AqDpexOqqhYCz6wnc41fqjX8VJl3-E2Ox0o3y47NSr-CPJ

Last edited:
Danke für die Rückmeldung!
picload.org? Die Werbung von wird "r.ligatus.com" gesendet, die doch bereits geblacklistet ist und trotzdem wird die Reklame geladen. Wenn ich draufklicke wird nur eine blanke Seite geöffnet.
Code:
http://r.ligatus.com/?z=1VuRLfl2QKpRl40wPsDeW2v98N8yGV7TZH80XkIzDx1_dbZfze0BeGICBt_H5D9VNp7lmsX-K-QcDjpj8hd4-8uvr8LDlI2CK5NYzJ8HZHXbB6bYjASYds3B56AqDpexOqqhYCz6wnc41fqjX8VJl3-E2Ox0o3y47NSr-CPJ
Mein Fehler. Natürlich, nicht picload aber imagesrv.adition.com musst du blocken. Diese Domäne ist aber in den meisten blocking files inbegriffen.
Das Bild kommt direkt von spiegel.de, also keine Möglichkeit dieses zu blocken, die Verlinkung dieses Bildes ist auf eine externe Webseite (r.ligatus.com). Die kannst du blocken, hilft dir aber nicht da du ja erst auf das Bild klicken müsstest.

Please stick to English for public posts, so the rest of the community can also follow you. If you really must, then move it to a private message. Thank you.

Stage 7/7

getting update-hosts.add from
ad-solution .info/releases/addon/3.8
download failed: not an addon file

getting update-logs.add from
ad-solution .info/releases/addon/3.8 <<< Stuck here and not moving

Stage 7/7

getting update-hosts.add from
ad-solution .info/releases/addon/3.8
download failed: not an addon file

getting update-logs.add from
ad-solution .info/releases/addon/3.8 <<< Stuck here and not moving
Enter CTRL-C or quit the SSH session and start a new one, enter the complete install command again.

May i know do i need to reinstall everytime when i update router firmware?
A normal firmware update should not affect the jffs partition.
But to be on the safe side, always make a backup of the settings and jffs before you update.
It's the tab to the right of the firmware update.

A normal firmware update should not affect the jffs partition.
But to be on the safe side, always make a backup of the settings and jffs before you update.
It's the tab to the right of the firmware update.
Thank you :)

It's working great no more ads from my phone and computer.

Need a little help with pixelserv-tls install.
I have adjusted DHCP range from 10.0.0.2...254 to 10.0.0.1...250
Definitely don’t want to move it 10.0.0.3...254, it doesn’t really matter right?

Yet installer asked me to select IP:
It must be:
higher than 10.0.0.1
and lower than 10.0.0.2

How do I convince it to use 10.0.0.254?

BTW: I was wondering, if it’s easier to add DHCP reservation for pixelserv-tls instead of DHCP range change?

Last edited:
Need a little help with pixelserv-tls install.
I have adjusted DHCP range from 10.0.0.2...254 to 10.0.0.1...250
Definitely don’t want to move it 10.0.0.3...254, it doesn’t really matter right?

Yet installer asked me to select IP:
It must be:
higher than 10.0.0.1
and lower than 10.0.0.2

How do I convince it to use 10.0.0.254?
What's your router's IP?
If it is 10.0.0.1, then your DHCP range should be set to:
10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.250 and it will give you that option to use 10.0.0.254
BTW: I was wondering, if it’s easier to add DHCP reservation for pixelserv-tls instead of DHCP range change?
Stick with what it suggests. It works best that way.

I don't think it works that way. Pixelserv listens on that ip/port, but doesn't pull an ip address from the DHCP server. AB-solution is just making sure nothing else responds on that IP.

I have never been a massive fan of ad blocking as it often broke things like cashback site tracking, I like the ability to whitelist so I am giving it a go.
The whole certificate thing was a bit of a faff but my laptop seems to be working ok now without kaspersky constantly whining about broken certificates.

Quidco isnt white or blacklisted but it still stalls when following a link due to the affiliate sites, is it a matter of adding each frozen domain to the whitelist?

Thanks.

I checked the thread and the google ad service issue still seems to be unresolved, I now get this following a google link

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.googleadservices.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID

Does anyone have a fix for this with pixelserv installed?

Thanks.

If it were a general problem, this thread would be full of posts like yours.
AB-Solution is installed on thousends of routers, with a multitude of devices attached.
afraid I have this issue, I have reset the router with no luck either.

I'm trying to understand the blocking. I use my VPN to watch bicycle racing in Europe since it is not available here in the US. Many of the nasty popups are blocked, but every so often I get one that I try to add to the blacklist. About 4 out of 5 state they are already there like this -
ktrackdata.com
is already blocked by blocking file
But they still open a page and display the ad anyway.

What don't I understand?

AC68U 380.666_4 AB-Solutions 3.8.1 in Entware on a USB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.