What's new

AC 3100 2.4HZ BAND LOW NET SPEED WEAK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So the computer and router you did the test from are both in the same room? Sorry, i guess i didn't read it correctly. It looks like the RSSI is -37 which is good and based on what you provided there is little intereference and you are only using 20mghz.

Did you try the different channels like we asked? I see you are using channel 8 Did you try channel 6? What device are you using to do the testing? The same device is being used for 5ghz testing?

Go to system log and provide a screenshot of your wireless tab. You have airtime fairness disabled?

Last edited:
I tested all the channels step by step only the 2.4ghz has low bandwidth on speed test the 5ghz is super working but unfortunately on my home the divices that support the 5ghz band are non existing only my phone and my mi box .

I tested all the channels step by step only the 2.4ghz has low bandwidth on speed test the 5ghz is super working but unfortunately on my home the divices that support the 5ghz band are non existing only my phone and my mi box .

So it could be a problem with the specific device. Can you provide the wireless log from system log for it.

Ok
Screenshot_20180808-235859.png

Looking at the image above it is obvious to me that there is a barrier in the way of the device and router connection. The connection RSSI is low and connection rate is 1/5 that is pretty crappy. Interference or an object like thick dense wall etc. is probably the cause. Do you have any wifi devices that use 2.4 in other areas of the house? Does the RSSI increase if the device is moved closer to the router, or in direct line of sight?

well there are quite a lot of devices you cant see that interfere with 2.4.. microwaves cordless phones some military hardware electrical lines tranformers etc etc

Looking at the image above it is obvious to me that there is a barrier in the way of the device and router connection. The connection RSSI is low and connection rate is 1/5 that is pretty crappy. Interference or an object like thick dense wall etc. is probably the cause. Do you have any wifi devices that use 2.4 in other areas of the house? Does the RSSI increase if the device is moved closer to the router, or in direct line of sight?
yes there is a wall and there is a 2.4 ghz router . its a tp link wr840

very wierd indeed bro signal is strong but 1/5 is the thorn up my bumm
the 1/5 is familiar somehow from like years ago.. are you by chance forcing 40+ mhgz on 2.4? could be the device doesn't support it.

try all auto except channel.. choose clearest channel and auto b/g/n and auto width

also highly suggest any beamforming set to off in advanced options

the 1/5 is familiar somehow from like years ago.. are you by chance forcing 40+ mhgz on 2.4? could be the device doesn't support it.

try all auto except channel.. choose clearest channel and auto b/g/n and auto width

also highly suggest any beamforming set to off in advanced options
turned off beam forming same issue i might test the router in a farm open area and test it

very wierd indeed bro signal is strong but 1/5 is the thorn up my bumm
My RSSI is 60 my router and device are separated by a thin gyprock wall. My RX/TX is 144/144 so your reading is weak not strong bud.:oops::rolleyes:

My RSSI is 60 my router and device are separated by a thin gyprock wall. My RX/TX is 144/144 so your reading is weak not strong bud.:oops::rolleyes:
Actually, your RSSI is -60 dBm, his -39 dBm is A LOT stronger signal. In fact, I wonder if the signal is too strong and causing problems. I've seen that happen on my fork.

@popo nyundo
Can you put some more distance to your client?

Also, just a reminder that the RX/TX rates in the gui are dynamic.....the router/client will automatically throttle down if not being used. Make sure you are checking the numbers with a transfer in progress.

Actually, your RSSI is -60 dBm, his -39 dBm is A LOT stronger signal. In fact, I wonder if the signal is too strong and causing problems. I've seen that happen on my fork.

@popo nyundo
Can you put some more distance to your client?

Also, just a reminder that the RX/TX rates in the gui are dynamic.....the router/client will automatically throttle down if not being used. Make sure you are checking the numbers with a transfer in progress.

Yeh i was just gonna say that. Closer to zero is better but -30's would be like omtop of or i side the router lol. Id agree maybe too strong signal. I have my 3100 set at medium sig strength and it works way down the street.