What's new

AC 3100 2.4HZ BAND LOW NET SPEED WEAK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

popo nyundo

Occasional Visitor
Need help on my ac 3100 will donate 50usd please any one help my router 2.4hz bad gives me very slow speeds wireless i have tried everything in the book flashing to stock ,recovery everything but nothing it was working fine with merlin 384.6 latest update using it well for some time then all over sudden this error happend please help:confused: on speed test iused to get 50mbs on the 2.4hhz band now only 2mbs the 5hz band works fine

Need help on my ac 3100 will donate 50usd please any one help my router 2.4hz bad gives me very slow speeds wireless i have tried everything in the book flashing to stock ,recovery everything but nothing it was working fine with merlin 384.6 latest update using it well for some time then all over sudden this error happend please help:confused: on speed test iused to get 50mbs on the 2.4hhz band now only 2mbs the 5hz band works fine
Go to admin section and reset to factory using the initialise button. Before doing so make sure you backup your jffs file. You can use the backup your jffs button and save to your computer. Once the initialise has been started wait 10 minutes before starting to reload your settings manually from screen shots or memory. Once you are operational import your jffs again after enabling script support in the same admin section. Reboot.

Dont have issue with ac3100, but here is something that I will try first if you never done it.

power cycle the router and reset nvram

powering off the router 30 sec - 1 min
hold wps button while powering on
wait till power led flashing / blinking then release the wps button
now just wait for the router to properly reboot and you can start reconfigure everything
dont load any previous configuration though.

Go to admin section and reset to factory using the initialise button. Before doing so make sure you backup your jffs file. You can use the backup your jffs button and save to your computer. Once the initialise has been started wait 10 minutes before starting to reload your settings manually from screen shots or memory. Once you are operational import your jffs again after enabling script support in the same admin section. Reboot.
Do i do this with the merlin fw or stock?

Sounds like interference to me. 2.4 GHz band is a waste land and for many including myself it's not usable. Have you tried a different channel ?

Am flashing it now on merlin fingers glued bud if this works am giving you 50$
Well that is a nice thought but no. I will not accept any money for giving you advice on the same router I have. Thanks though.

Well that is a nice thought but no. I will not accept any money for giving you advice on the same router I have. Thanks though.
If this works for you...please donate to @RMerlin. The donation post is a sticky post at the start of this forum. Go here please: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-rmerlin-donation-thread.17285/
I will definitely do that I tried doing that still same issue buddy am soo stressed up just bought the router 2months old . I have team viewer on my PC if you can help me

is there any other router nearby with 2.4GHz channels?
Had exactly these symptoms while testing 2 routers within some meters even with different channels 1+5 and 9+13.

Ii do one tp link and one the Asus
If they both have functional wifi turn the wifi off on one of the routers and see how things work out.

That's on 2.4ghz band on 5ghz, I get 53mbs. Tried switching off the other router still same issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180807-003103.png
    Screenshot_20180807-003103.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 237
Since you say it happened suddenly....did you make any changes to electronics in your house?

Some things to think about...
- Any new cables? One case someone changed their monitor HDMI cable next to the router, it was leaky and killed wireless.
- New 'baby monitor'? Notorious for causing problems
- New flourescent lamp?
- New electric motor?
- New microwave oven?

You get the idea...depending on the proximity to your neighbors, they can also introduce the same things (including a new router).

Since you say it happened suddenly....did you make any changes to electronics in your house?

Some things to think about...
- Any new cables? One case someone changed their monitor HDMI cable next to the router, it was leaky and killed wireless.
- New 'baby monitor'? Notorious for causing problems
- New flourescent lamp?
- New electric motor?
- New microwave oven?

You get the idea...depending on the proximity to your neighbors, they can also introduce the same things (including a new router).
My neighbor bought a Tri-Band Asus router I think I should go some were with it were there are no waves Will give it as shot will give you fees back will try that good point Your so helpful it's amazing will do and give you feedback