AC-68u upgrade says complete but still on old FW

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Shelbz

New Around Here
On 384.15 and trying to upgrade to either .16 or .17 experience the same issue. The update will say complete but when I log back in I am still on .15.

I have reset the router back to factory settings but still having the same issue.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Do you have a Asus branded router or one supplied by a cellphone company?

Remove any USB devices before attempting the upgrade.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Do you have a Asus branded router or one supplied by a cellphone company?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Your router is running illegal software and is not supported by Merlin. See the multiple sticky posts at the top of the Merlin forum. Asus are blocking firmware updates on these routers now.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Illegal and not supported are very different.
Indeed. And in this case it's both. It's illegal in the sense that the 382/384 firmware branches added proprietary software that wasn't ever licensed to the cellphone company. So yes, it's illegal in the same way that running unlicensed Windows software on your PC is.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I responded similarly to the above, earlier, but my post needs moderator approval. :)